• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scouting Report: San Jose State University

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Not sure Triple.  What I know about SJS could fit in a thimble.  I do however know a lot about our team.

For the most part the same defensive personnel as LY which was downright awful.  Will the CCS affect manifest itself?  Yes, I believe so, but not to the extent most think.

Big losses with MM and Adams.  House speed every time they touched the ball.  Not sure we have that this year.  QF is very elusive, but gets caught from behind often.  Once MM and Adams broke the first line they were not getting caught.  That makes a world of difference.

3K miles away from home in game , a new coaching staff and against an opponent no one really knows much about is not a recipe for a blowout.

I think we get the win, but not in convincing style.  Hope I'm wrong and we jump out like vs Navy.  We shall see.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

3K miles away from home in game , a new coaching staff and against an opponent no one really knows much about is not a recipe for a blowout.

This is why I think it will be close for a half or 3 quarters until we get into some kind of rhythm.  First game of the year jitters, away (and first game not at home for everyone on this team since 2012), first west coast game in a long time, new coach, etc. etc.  We'll be fine but not from the get go.  GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

We are a top 25 team and they think it will be a 4 point game?

This shouldn't be close...

If we're a top 25 team, beating one of the bottom 25 teams in the country by less than a TD is the wrong way to prove it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

This is a different Bulls team from last year.  Our D was downright awful LY.  While CCS is a D master, it's still much the same personnel.  LY we had to outscore teams to win.  This year will be interesting.  With a focus on an even more up tempo O that puts the D on the field even more.

IMO, lots of fans setting themselves up for disappointment.  

Go Bulls!

I'm in agreement, and it will take some time for them to get things straightened out, I do think it will be a double digit win as we pull away in the fourth quarter. It won't be over in the first quarter unless we just get a bunch of short fields or quick offensive scores and defensive stops. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Y'all crazy...this game is over by the middle of the third quarter at the latest. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Here are some stats from last year for San Jose state. Looks like they averaged around 24 ppg while giving up a little over 37 ppg.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html#TEAM.TEM

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I've seen San Jose State play... I don't think you guys have an appreciation for how bad they are.  They are not going to be good this year either.  This game will be over before halftime for all intents and purposes.  I get it, you guys aren't familiar with them... but they are not good.  I'd compare them to our 4-8 squad.  Actually, that 4-8 squad could beat them.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Watching the comments and thinking this game will be close is funny.  I don't care if we flew to Japan to play them, not enough jet-lag in the world to help them.  They are undersized and under talented.  Some of ya'll give SJS more credit than their fans and people who cover the team.  :facepalm:

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Look pretty ferocious, though.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

I think it was just a troll article the more I think about it.

Can't believe the media these days!