• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN thinks we go 13-0!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TExpress said:

9 wins plus a moral victory like UCF likes to do...

9 wins would be disappointing to most in here I would think. We have enough talent and a weak enough schedule that I believe Kean or Oladokun could get us to at least 9 wins (basing this on the assumption that there will be improvement in our defense). I don't recall expectations being this high, and they should be. I see this coming season as 50/50 between being undefeated, or one loss. The NY6 bowl needs to happen this year for us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The NY6 bowl needs to happen this year for us. 

Are you demanding it?

43 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Are you demanding it?

Of course not, but I can't imagine a more gift-wrapped scenario than we have for 2017. Senior, Heisman candidate type QB, plenty of weapons on offense returning, a defense that can only be better, and a soft schedule in which any semi-difficult team we have to play will be at home (expect UCF). I realize I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but on paper at least, this looks like the easiest path we've had to a conference title, and maybe a NY6 bowl. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Of course not, but I can't imagine a more gift-wrapped scenario than we have for 2017. Senior, Heisman candidate type QB, plenty of weapons on offense returning, a defense that can only be better, and a soft schedule in which any semi-difficult team we have to play will be at home (expect UCF). I realize I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but on paper at least, this looks like the easiest path we've had to a conference title, and maybe a NY6 bowl. 

I'm with you in that regard. I can't believe that the expectation for 2017 is conference championship and NY6 Bowl. It almost feels too good to be true and that somehow we're gonna screw it up. I also would add we now have a P5 level staff who have major chips on their shoulders for redemption so I can see them not holding any punches. It's almost gut wrenching to think of this team lose a conference game they shouldn't like Houston, Tulsa or C. Florida. But if the defense takes one step forward and the offense is close to what they were... barring injuries any other outcome seems like a let down.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,556
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

this looks like the easiest path we've had to a conference title, and maybe a NY6 bowl. 

The easiest path we've had was a thru a crappy UConn team and then a beatable WVU team ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

20 hours ago, Brad said:

Optimism has returned. 

It's a good sign. 

Just setting us up.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

13 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

What if we pull GT vs. Cumberland-type scores over most of our opponents this year?  

Or USF vs. Cumberland scores. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

Or USF vs. Cumberland scores. 

Or USF vs Cincinnati 2015 scores.

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

The easiest path we've had was a thru a crappy UConn team and then a beatable WVU team ...

Looking at the entire schedule, and the overall talent of us vs conference teams, 2017 looks like by far an easier path than 2005, at least IMO. WVU was still top 15 when we met them that year, and probably comfortably favored to beat us I'm guessing. It's quite possible we'll be favored in every game in 2017.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,556
  • Days Won:  423

39 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Looking at the entire schedule, and the overall talent of us vs conference teams, 2017 looks like by far an easier path than 2005, at least IMO. WVU was still top 15 when we met them that year, and probably comfortably favored to beat us I'm guessing. It's quite possible we'll be favored in every game in 2017.

A minefield of 8 games compared to 2 games can't be considered far easier, IMO ..... although, PJ and Rod Smith could possibly tip the advantage to the 8 games.