• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ruben Guerrero to Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

So will we blame CBG for the players that left like we did fCOA? This question has been weighing on my mind because I thought fCOA shouldn't have taken that hit as I do not put it on CBG here now.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

If everyone is leaving who's gonna want to come? Sheesh. So any of these guys even have takers?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

46 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

So will we blame CBG for the players that left like we did fCOA? This question has been weighing on my mind because I thought fCOA shouldn't have taken that hit as I do not put it on CBG here now.

You have to take a look at the program/school itself as being the culprit here for players wanting to leave, not the coaches. There apparently wasn't enough here, for whatever reason, to make them want to stay thru a coaching change .... CBG should have gotten an 8 year contract.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

There will be plenty of minutes to offer grad transfers and jucos, that's for sure.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

If he wins, I won't blame him for anything. If he loses, the transfers are on him...and so is El Nino, the JFK assassination, and Donald Trump.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

The best selling point for our new coach is that anybody he recruits will get playing time immediately....by default lol

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

11 hours ago, Ionbull said:

If everyone is leaving who's gonna want to come? Sheesh. So any of these guys even have takers?

People that come to USF, you know, for the school (rather than the coach). We had a bunch of defections after Heath was fired too. Antigua was unable to fill his bench too, after swinging at so many high risk players. Gregory needs to have a squad of hungry players that want to be here. The culture needs to change before we have any delusions of righting anything. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

So essentially we are coming back from a death penalty next year. That should end well! 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

BB can rebuild much faster than most sports because of the size of the team. You need only 3 or 4 good players to turn a program around quickly and that can be easally done over a year or two. CG should focus on bringing in a core groupe of freshman and adding a few transfers to help through the transition of changing the culture at USF. As been said he should focus on local athletes that have emotional ties to the area. Just look at the football program, there were virtually no transfers when Taggart left.

COA program had no rhyme or reason when it came to building a foundation it's why it collapsed when the going even got a little tough.

I believe this is the right guy at this point for the USF basketball program and I'm willing to give him Time to solidify a solid foundation for success.