• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

Richard Pitino. You heard it here first.

That's who I've been banking on almost exclusively since we let Antigua go; well other than Romar if he's let go by UW being my top choice. I think he wants to return to Florida. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  1

Not a huge Bulls fan just a man avid basketball fan and admirer of Florida teams. I have two words for the Head Coach search... Linc Darner.. Won a National championship at Florida Southern and took Green Bay to the big dance his first year there. 18-13 this year and probably playing in the CIT or CBI coming up soon. Should have recruiting connections in the state after being in FL for 9 years. Thoughts??

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

The Pintino's like our area. They love Florida. Richard Pitino coached at FIU. I'm sure the deal would have to be great for him to leave Minn as that is a Big Ten job. But face it,the USF job has perks that Minn can't offer. Plus I believe it would be easier to compete in AAC than Big Ten. I won't be shocked.

4 minutes ago, HoopsMaster said:

Not a huge Bulls fan just a man avid basketball fan and admirer of Florida teams. I have two words for the Head Coach search... Linc Darner.. Won a National championship at Florida Southern and took Green Bay to the big dance his first year there. 18-13 this year and probably playing in the CIT or CBI coming up soon. Should have recruiting connections in the state after being in FL for 9 years. Thoughts??

That is a good out of the box suggestion. Florida Southern has great hoops history. GB plays tough. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  1

He's a proven winner (315-130) and been able to take programs from subpar to very good. Might as well go with something different for a change. GB plays an exciting pressing and fast break type of style would be something new and exciting for fans.

IMG_0594.PNG

IMG_0595.PNG

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Looks like a candidate to me. He's rebuilt two programs into winners.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, HoopsMaster said:

He's a proven winner (315-130) and been able to take programs from subpar to very good. Might as well go with something different for a change. GB plays an exciting pressing and fast break type of style would be something new and exciting for fans.

Those numbers can't lie, even if it is at a different level. He's proven he can consistently build & sustain a winner. It's the right time of year to inquire--GB winters can be rough.

Can't see a reason we wouldn't try to interview him at least.

2 hours ago, HoopsMaster said:

IMG_0594.PNG

IMG_0595.PNG

What St Joes is that ?? 31-3 then on to Fl Southern? Must not be the one that I'm thinking of at Phil Martelli is the coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

What St Joes is that ?? 31-3 then on to Fl Southern? Must not be the one that I'm thinking of at Phil Martelli is the coach

It's Dll St Josephs in Indiana

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think in some ways the longer this goes on, the better it is for us fans.

I mean if we were going to hire a retread, it should be happening now -as most of these types are unemployed.

If it goes into April, it will mean that USF is after a working coach (with a team in the tournament). That, or we still haven't found anybody yet (someone we want or someone who wants us).

If it goes into May, we all need to become religious and pray!

Edited by FarEastBull