• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach Basketball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

52 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Joey Knight Retweeted Dave Chudowsky

Northeast Ohio-based report says Dambrot has spurned #USF. May have been other complications involved in this particular courtship.

Joey Knight added,

Dave ChudowskyVerified account @DaveChudowsky
According to source Keith Dambrot turned down job offer today at USF staying at Akron @wkyc @WKYCSports #mac #zips
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

And so it begins again, if that's true. 

I'm almost of the mindset and just going ahead and giving the job to Murray now, if he even still wants it. Let him get started on possibly salvaging players and attempting to put together a list of potential assistants before even more hc vacancies open up as the tourney progresses. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Have you ever heard of anyone making a HC offer on "Selection Day"? I honestly can't recall it ever happening before. That's why I called "BS" on the story. It smells of "Give me a raise".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

...According to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation, Dambrot passed on the opportunity to take over the University of South Florida men’s program, which offered the Akron native a significant raise to move south.

Dambrot’s maintained his loyalty to UA and the program despite being linked to other job openings, including Duquesne, in the past few years.

Reports of USF’s interest were reported by the Tampa Bay Times on Saturday night, soon after the Zips lost in the MAC Tournament championship game.

There would have been plenty of incentive for Dambrot to go, most of all being the fact that USF, which finished 7-23 this season, plays in the American Athletic Conference. Unlike the MAC, the AAC usually receives multiple invitations to the NCAA Tournament and USF has a facility — the USF Sun Dome — that underwent a renovation in the past five years and seats 10,000.

It’s a worst-kept secret that Rhodes Arena is in need of a significant overhaul or replacement. Word is that behind the scenes there are those working diligently to accomplish that at UA. But the fact that Dambrot is getting offers should surprise no one. A significant part of any program is the facilities it can offer athletes. If the community at large appreciates what Dambrot has accomplished with the Zips, it needs to show support.

George M. Thomas can be reached at gmthomas@thebeaconjournal.com. Read the Zips blog at www.ohio.com/zips. Follow him on Twitter atwww.twitter.com/GeorgeThomasABJ.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/university-of-akron-basketball-traveling-in-first-round-of-nit-disappoints-zips-coach-keith-dambrot-who-reportedly-turned-down-offer-to-coach-at-south-florida-1.753335#.WMb3_eV_72A.twitter

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Good article on mid-majors coaches and HC updates from @SIPeteThamel - Talks #USF job. As I reported Sunday, Keith Dambrot is a candidate.

C61AuYCV4AEAuJM.jpg

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

And so it begins again, if that's true. 

I'm almost of the mindset and just going ahead and giving the job to Murray now, if he even still wants it. Let him get started on possibly salvaging players and attempting to put together a list of potential assistants before even more hc vacancies open up as the tourney progresses. 

I still say Joe Dooley or Matt McCall are worth offers before saying 'screw it' and hiring Bartow.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I still say Joe Dooley or Matt McCall are worth offers before saying 'screw it' and hiring Bartow.

Is McCall Dancing?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

30 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

...According to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation, Dambrot passed on the opportunity to take over the University of South Florida men’s program, which offered the Akron native a significant raise to move south.

Dambrot’s maintained his loyalty to UA and the program despite being linked to other job openings, including Duquesne, in the past few years.

Reports of USF’s interest were reported by the Tampa Bay Times on Saturday night, soon after the Zips lost in the MAC Tournament championship game.

There would have been plenty of incentive for Dambrot to go, most of all being the fact that USF, which finished 7-23 this season, plays in the American Athletic Conference. Unlike the MAC, the AAC usually receives multiple invitations to the NCAA Tournament and USF has a facility — the USF Sun Dome — that underwent a renovation in the past five years and seats 10,000.

It’s a worst-kept secret that Rhodes Arena is in need of a significant overhaul or replacement. Word is that behind the scenes there are those working diligently to accomplish that at UA. But the fact that Dambrot is getting offers should surprise no one. A significant part of any program is the facilities it can offer athletes. If the community at large appreciates what Dambrot has accomplished with the Zips, it needs to show support.

George M. Thomas can be reached at gmthomas@thebeaconjournal.com. Read the Zips blog at www.ohio.com/zips. Follow him on Twitter atwww.twitter.com/GeorgeThomasABJ.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/university-of-akron-basketball-traveling-in-first-round-of-nit-disappoints-zips-coach-keith-dambrot-who-reportedly-turned-down-offer-to-coach-at-south-florida-1.753335#.WMb3_eV_72A.twitter

I'm sorry but, unless I see a picture of Harlan on his knees with a suitcase full of money in front of this guy. I'm saying it never happened.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Is McCall Dancing?

no, his star player from Memphis (Greg Pryor) suffered a season ending injury after Chatt started the season 19-7 and lost out.

that means McCall can be had for a decent price right now.

2016: 29-6 NCAA Tournament

2017: 19-12 Declined CIT bid

Edited by UofMemphis

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm on the Dooley train, but I don't think he leaves. It's a school with no football, so he's the captain of THE team at the school. No way FGCU lets him walk. He can flirt a little with a few schools and pump his salary up and they're sure to match or exceed it.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Didn't we offer Antigua nearly a million to come to USF? If we're still spending like that, FGCU doesn't stand a chance.