• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football & Tampa Bay

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

UF and FSU will always top USF in this market, from apparel in stores to general popularity.

I'd say yeah, that's true. And let's also assume that the 'general popularity' is going to translate to interest in USF being third (at best) in line at the NCAA level. And if that's true, why would we expect the local media to focus on, arguably, the third place finisher - vice the top two perennial national championship contenders? I think the 'home town' line of thinking is akin to what we face alumni wise. IF (great big ole flashing neon sign if) we didn't have to fight for attention with the Bucs, Lightning, The Big Three...maybe it'd be a different story. However, as long as any one of those entities has a better storyline than the USF x Uconn storyline...we're gonna be cruising at this altitude for some time to come. 

• A 35K-expandable stadium would probably be the way to go. It would be a new shiny object that could add some luster to a program that has settled into being toned-down (engagement wise). I say that with the knowledge that we will not be in P5 land anytime soon, and as such, don't see top-tier P5 games* doing much to boost attendance.

What happens if what we have now is pretty much all we're ever gonna get? What if this is the standard turnout for USF football?

*  do we just go ahead and embrace the idea that P5dom is our savior and anything else is treading water? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

21 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I'd say yeah, that's true. And let's also assume that the 'general popularity' is going to translate to interest in USF being third (at best) in line at the NCAA level. And if that's true, why would we expect the local media to focus on, arguably, the third place finisher - vice the top two perennial national championship contenders? I think the 'home town' line of thinking is akin to what we face alumni wise. IF (great big ole flashing neon sign if) we didn't have to fight for attention with the Bucs, Lightning, The Big Three...maybe it'd be a different story. However, as long as any one of those entities has a better storyline than the USF x Uconn storyline...we're gonna be cruising at this altitude for some time to come. 

• A 35K-expandable stadium would probably be the way to go. It would be a new shiny object that could add some luster to a program that has settled into being toned-down (engagement wise). I say that with the knowledge that we will not be in P5 land anytime soon, and as such, don't see top-tier P5 games* doing much to boost attendance.

What happens if what we have now is pretty much all we're ever gonna get? What if this is the standard turnout for USF football?

*  do we just go ahead and embrace the idea that P5dom is our savior and anything else is treading water? 

Strong will be gone in 5 years or less and we will be on the Bullspen apissin and amoanin about attendance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

58 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

My point is that the local media coverage sucks. I think we can all agree on this right? If so, let's move on to the next point.

Since the local media coverage is non-existent, and there are no signs that it's going to improve, USF should focus on the PRODUCT. They are not going to get help from the media and cheesy marketing campaigns are not going to work.

The product is the team and the experience that comes along with attending the games. Are you with me? 

The experience at Raymond James is always going to be second rate. Yeah it's an NFL stadium...that novelty was great for a while. Now all it does is remind everyone that USF is renting space in an NFL stadium. There is no true college atmosphere. There never will be.

If USF wants to build a tradition and genuine interest they need to invest in the product. If they believe in their product it will sell itself....eventually. An OCS is an absolute must. 

As an alum, I love going back to the campus. I like to see how it's grown since 2001. It makes me feel good to be there, it makes me want to go back. I love seeing the old underground School of Business. It evokes memories and inspires passion for the school and the teams every time I go there. 

None of these things happen at Ray Jay and they never will. None of the young kids see the campus and imagine what it will be like to attend school there one day. They don't "feel" it. 

When I watch NCAA Division 2 on TV there is more excitement. They are small, plain stadiums that are packed. I'd rather sit on bleachers in a packed USF BULLS stadium than look at 40,000 red and pewter seats every time I go.

People can complain about all the other things but if you can't even get the student section filled up you have a tremendous problem. Tradition starts within. 

While students are a prime reason for USF to build an ocs, they are basically a non-factor in the financial planning needed to go forward with one. Don't think many can disagree with most of your philosophical waxing poetic about having one but when practicality is applied, up to this point, it's not been feasible. Reality is that it doesn't appear that the core fanbase (read big money part) cares enough about having one to push the issue. Maybe CCS can be utilized in stoking those fires but for now, it appears to still be in the feasibility plannig mode .................. of course, with the current roll MH is on with these last 2 coaching hires, wouldn't surpise me in the least if he announces an ocs campaign tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

5 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

You're welcome.

Lots more to view on YouTube!!

Wow so he will just tear up the contract? Whoooooaaaa

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Thebullsfan said:

Lmao I forgot about that scene.  I do remember when they interrupted the president's speech for a live commercial on their neighbor's lot and started to blow cars away.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

All i know is if I ever see USF gear in my local NewHampshire Target, then I know the program has finally made it to the top. LOL

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ugh so some support used car tactics to sell USF football? Come on.....

Absolutely NO ONE supports that BS. It was a simple marketing example. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Absolutely NO ONE supports that BS. It was a simple marketing example. 

In rare Bullspen unanimity, everyone hates Fusillo!

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

While students are a prime reason for USF to build an ocs, they are basically a non-factor in the financial planning needed to go forward with one. Don't think many can disagree with most of your philosophical waxing poetic about having one but when practicality is applied, up to this point, it's not been feasible. Reality is that it doesn't appear that the core fanbase (read big money part) cares enough about having one to push the issue. Maybe CCS can be utilized in stoking those fires but for now, it appears to still be in the feasibility plannig mode.

The current and future students can and should be part of the "big money" donors in the future. But if they don't get inspired, they won't care. They say insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

This program is 20 years old and by most accounts is flatlining in popularity at best throughout the community. It seems popular for people on this board to dismiss the importance of an OCS and ridicule those that believe it's the way to go. I don't understand the mentality or the idea that it's such a financial hurdle. 

Almost every single program in America has one. UCF has one, I believe FAU and FIU have one, not certain about that...but why is there such resistance about it here?