• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football & Tampa Bay

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

FIU: 

Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium (often shortened to FIU Stadium and known informally as The Cage) is a college football stadium on the campus of Florida International University (FIU) in Miami, Florida and the (ALUMINUM BLEACHERS) home stadium of the FIU Panthers football team. The stadium opened in 1995, replacing nearby Tamiami Field, which was used as a recreational field by the university and local high school football teams. When FIU began its football program in 2002, FIU Stadium became the home venue for the team.[5]

The stadium was renovated in 2007. After completion of a lower level bowl in 2012, the stadium has seating capacity of 20,000. The most well-attended event at the stadium was a football game on October 1, 2011 versus the Duke Blue Devils, with an attendance of 22,682.[6] FIU Stadium is the southernmost NCAA Division I football stadium in the Continental United States.

The stadium is also home to Miami FC, an American professional soccer team based in Miami, Florida

FAU: 

FAU Stadium is a college football stadium located at the north end of the main campus of Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Boca Raton, Florida. Opened in 2011, it is home to the Florida Atlantic Owls football team and is intended to be the first part of a FAU's multi-use development project, called "Innovation Village."

After selecting an architect in 2008, the university began to raise funds for the $70 million facility with the intent to begin construction in 2009. The $70 million stadium was funded through student fees, private donations, and naming rights partnerships, some of which have yet to be determined. After fundraising efforts slowed, the school delayed construction until 2010. The stadium opened when the 2011 Florida Atlantic Owls football team lost to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers on October 15, 2011. Looks like sideline bleachers with endzone seats (seats 30K). Interestingly, the only stadium in the land of the free with a view of the Atlantic Ocean! 

The above is from Wikipedia (as that's all the effort I have in researching this). 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

My vote is still for something like North Texas with a bit more seating. It actually has video boards and some amenities that make it look like more than a glorified high school stadium.

apogee2.jpg

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

As long as it's the ******* Taj Mahal of 35-50K seat stadiums ...

You do realize the Taj is a freaken tombstone right? We should not anger the spirits

Image_Niagara36.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

24 minutes ago, charsibb said:

You do realize the Taj is a freaken tombstone right? We should not anger the spirits

Image_Niagara36.jpg

Wouldn't that be the perfect way to get around the curse? Stadium/tombstone combo ........ need to make that happen. Jim Leavitt Field at Oaklawn Cemetery Stadium.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to go first class or not at all but i wouldnt build anything until we get in a p5 conference

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, smazza said:

usf needs to go first class or not at all but i wouldnt build anything until we get in a p5 conference

Then we will never build one. That makes zero sense. The p5 is not attracted to 1/2 or 1/3 filled NFL stadiums.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

27 minutes ago, smazza said:

17 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Then we will never build one. That makes zero sense. The p5 is not attracted to 1/2 or 1/3 filled NFL stadiums.

USF plays in the nicest stadium of any college football team. It's hard to just walk away from that. That is why when we do build an OCS it will be first class (I really hope). 

There are many 40-50k stadiums in college football. I think 40-45k would be a good number.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Agree ↑

THINK outside the box! No, I don't know the answer. Remember that guy that said that if you're not getting better you're getting worse?

Maybe the answer IS the student section and creating an atmosphere that they want to attend. Maybe a section of parking ONLY for the Greeks, a game day contest for students, discount concessions with student ID, student only give aways, etc. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

FBS is a broken system

Most bowls are useless (especially when teams with a .500 or less can go)

and there is a huge division within a sports subdivision (p5/g5)...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Bear said:

FBS is a broken system

Most bowls are useless (especially when teams with a .500 or less can go)

and there is a huge division within a sports subdivision (p5/g5)...

Broken? Nah. I think there's what...41 bowl games this year? Three of which really matter. Yep, just being honest, the rest of them are ESPN/Disney/ABC three-hour programming blocks. Were it not for bowl games we'd have to fill those slots with billiards, darts, bowling, ice skating and worlds-strongest-man competitions. This is business...the business of numbers...as in commercial exposure. The days of bowls having meaning .... that ship has sailed. I'm relatively certain that the revolver pointed to the head of athletic directors vis-a-vis bowl invites is unloaded. If we're going for the moral high ground...you could always say no. :FIREdevil: