• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football & Tampa Bay

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

On 12/17/2016 at 10:03 AM, FarEastBull said:

My prediction is that home attendance will go up next year, even with a bad home schedule, because of Coach Strong.

11 hours ago, JoeB said:

Strong will have more tix sold this year, but thats just new coach mojo.

How will you know, if home attendance goes up, it will be because of CCS and not coming off the best reg season in the history of the program, especially if you add in a bowl victory over and SEC foe?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

It is my contention that twenty-years into this endeavour, we are drawing the maximum number of alumni we can. The pre-football area alum are tapped out...if they're not showing up now, they won't ever. USF football is no longer the shiny object. Of all the USF alumni, there is a small sub-set that remains connected post graduation, be that via the alumni association - and to a much lesser degree - USF football. You can't force people to buy a product that they, honestly, do not want nor care about. There is no magic formula (well, no formula that we haven't discussed ad nauseum) that we're just not seeing that is going to jack attendance with the alumni. 

Yep. I think we all know the factors that move that needle. 

20 years makes the first football alums their 40s? That was small time football... lets go back to 2003... that makes alumni who attended during big east and 2007 and some big upsets. That is only 13 years of alumni with stronger football ties. So those alumni may only be in their late 30s. Many programs have wealthy alumni in heir 50s and 60s and even 70s that give to their schools and we are not there yet. We need another 20 years to fill out alumni base with football ties.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

We're getting what we deserve for turning our back on CJL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

58 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

We're getting what we deserve for turning our back on CJL

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I'm betting that idiots marketing budget is 100 x the USF budget.

Which entity brings the most money to the economy? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

57 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Which entity brings the most money to the economy? 

Are we talking USF's athletic budget vs his companies' gross income?  Could be close if we include all of his FL dealerships.

I change the channel or mute the TV every time that guy comes on.  The guy we've bought our last 3 cars from (right down the street from the Wesley Chapel Kia location) told us some horror stories on how that guy treats his sales force. If I were ever to buy a Kia (not too likely) I would search out a different dealership even though the WC location is 3 miles from my house.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Gismo said:

20 years makes the first football alums their 40s? That was small time football... lets go back to 2003... that makes alumni who attended during big east and 2007 and some big upsets. That is only 13 years of alumni with stronger football ties. So those alumni may only be in their late 30s. Many programs have wealthy alumni in heir 50s and 60s and even 70s that give to their schools and we are not there yet. We need another 20 years to fill out alumni base with football ties.

Indeed. So lets assume that alumni growth will continue at whatever-the-current rate is, and that it does take another twenty to thirty years to have a substantial funding alumni base. I 'm fine with that, and I think that is the long term hope. How-ev-ah, I think the discussion tends to lean on what can be done (if anything) to boost attendance (and season ticket purchases) in the here and now. There's nothing that I can think of that is going to suddenly make the alumni base open the checkbook. That being the case, we may have to cast the net a bit wider. We're competing against a lot of factors, not all of which we have the ability to influence.  

Edited by WoolyBully
added text

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

Indeed. So lets assume that alumni growth will continue at whatever-the-current rate is, and that it does take another twenty to thirty years to have a substantial funding alumni base. I 'm fine with that, and I think that is the long term hope. How-ev-ah, I think the discussion tends to lean on what can be done (if anything) to boost attendance (and season ticket purchases) in the here and now. There's nothing that I can think of that is going to suddenly make the alumni base open the checkbook. That being the case, we may have to cast the net a bit wider. We're competing against a lot of factors, not all of which we have the ability to influence.  

Apparently there's nothing anyone can think of at the moment. One thing is for sure, what's happening now is not working.

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Are we talking USF's athletic budget vs his companies' gross income?  Could be close if we include all of his FL dealerships.

I change the channel or mute the TV every time that guy comes on.  The guy we've bought our last 3 cars from (right down the street from the Wesley Chapel Kia location) told us some horror stories on how that guy treats his sales force. If I were ever to buy a Kia (not too likely) I would search out a different dealership even though the WC location is 3 miles from my house.

I'm guessing his car sales aren't close...

Serving more than 47,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $11.5 billion. USF is comprised of the main campus in Tampa, its College of Marine Science in St. Petersburg, and USF Health.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Apparently there's nothing anyone can think of at the moment. One thing is for sure, what's happening now is not working.

I'm guessing his car sales aren't close...

Serving more than 47,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.5 billion and an annual economic impact of $11.5 billion. USF is comprised of the main campus in Tampa, its College of Marine Science in St. Petersburg, and USF Health.

Just talking athletics with about $45 - $50 million.  His marketing budget is probably higher than ours. That is the reason we aren't bombarded with ads from USF athletics which I think is where this started.  Could you imagine Mark Harlan or some rep from the school on TV and radio that often?  Pointing at the camera and saying USF sports is HUUUUGE.  ;)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just talking athletics with about $45 - $50 million.  His marketing budget is probably higher than ours. That is the reason we aren't bombarded with ads from USF athletics which I think is where this started.  Could you imagine Mark Harlan or some rep from the school on TV and radio that often?  Pointing at the camera and saying USF sports is HUUUUGE.  ;)

It would certainly get attention! Have the Sun Dolls with him. See, now we're thinking outside the box!

GO BULLS!    We're huuuuggge...