• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe fires shots

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,095
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Soopuh Fly said:

He's right. How quick are to we to forget the past, the quality of our team and the competition we played. 

All this talk about how we should have been ranked this year. How the other teams in the top 25 aren't deserving. We couldn't/can't beat Ole Miss, even though our record is better. People were disrespecting WKU and how it was beneath us to even play them in a bowl. Then our great defense gets gashed, much like this year. I'm still pissed about that crap fest yesterday. 

But our record was 6-1 lol... NIU bruh!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,468
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

This is what gets me.  Why should USF be able to dominate the conference?  The other teams have Athletic Depts, coaches and players.  What is the inherent difference between USF and UCF?  Same number of students.  UCF has been playing football longer.  Budgets are probably close.  I just don't see why the F people on this board think there is something mystical about USF.  Never won anything.  Didn't UCF win a big bowl game a few years ago.  I just don't get it.  I don't.  

Agree. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

I like Grothe and all but that's kind of a cheap shot. Temple is also having some of the best years they have ever had on the field. Just like Rutgers (who is overall one of the worst football programs ever) was at the time. How many times did Grothe beat Rutgers who is losing 78-0 these days? Also what did that 07 team do again? Get ranked then crap the bed in conference play by losing 3 straight then got their asses kicked in the bowl game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If Grothe wants to say the defense is terrible..I think many agree.

But I recall many USF teams getting killed by Pitt and same for Rutgers. That's when we had a good defense.

We don't match up well with a power run team, especially when we have worse usf defense ever.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

His tweet was directed at the offense and Joey's article about QF being the best player in USF. Apparently Matt is upset about that more than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

His tweet was directed at the offense and Joey's article about QF being the best player in USF. Apparently Matt is upset about that more than anything else. 

I think he has a right to be. QF hasn't done anything yet except run up some stats on inferior competition.

Oh that's not to say QF can't be, but he will start running out of opportunities at some point.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Rocky Style said:

I think he has a right to be. QF hasn't done anything yet except run up some stats on inferior competition.

QF does not pick the competition. Regardless, neither has delivered a Conf Champ and that is all that matters. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Until QF leads us to victories against quality opponents... Grothe>QF. Don't get me wrong QF is great, but he really doesn't have signature wins against good opponents. I know the defense crapping the bed doesn't help QF chances. Our losses are 100% to blame on the defense. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What the he'll? Do you think Wuerrfel or Dannu Kanell would say **** like this? Come on Matt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

QF does not pick the competition. Regardless, neither has delivered a Conf Champ and that is all that matters. 

You're right about the competition. QF also doesn't pick the D coordinator. I'm just saying Matt Grothe's era and team vs this. No comparison yet.