• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF can't turn the corner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

Still needs a meaningful win and then to actually accomplish something. Until then, I believe are still skeptical and concerned deep down.

You may be right, but I think he is building the program back the right way - beating people we are supposed to beat (ie not dropping stupid games against teams like ECU, UConn, and Syracuse). The game against Temple was going to be a dog fight regardless of the athletes and speed on our team so it shouldnt be considered a missed lay-up. Our team is doing what those "good" teams back in 07 and 08 couldnt do - finish out teams that have no business beating us. This is a gradual process and I think people are being a bit too impatient now due to an overhyped off-season and our great start to the 2016 season. Honestly, I think we are where we're supposed to be (losing to FSU and splitting the Cincy and Temple games on the road, while winning all other games.) College football seasons will have curve balls (Navy performance so far, and UCF resurgence) and we have to roll with the punches. That's what championship teams do. The next 4 games this season will gauge how ready we are now to take that next step or come back next season with a more mature team as I think we have a solid foundation going forward. 

We've gone I think 13-4 in our last 17 games since we started hitting our stride last season? All 4 losses were either 50/50 or should have been outright losses (FSU). The next step is taking those 4 losses and making 2 of them victories in the next 17 games. Thats how we build and thats how we create a consistent winning culture. Starts next week when we play Navy. The silver lining is that this team doesn't fold. Study those 4 losses - 3 of them went deep into the fourth quarter when we were down double digits at a point earlier in the game. The issues with defense are what they are but I don't think this team goes down without a fight. Taggart wont let it. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

What amazing things is this team accomplishing? We are simply out talenting people and since the most powerful man in the building was shown the door we have yet to once out coach anyone. You can say all of the wind were flukes that we were simply at the right place at the right time everytime but I argue that we still had to seize on those opportunities and we have since seen that seizing on opportunities is easier said than done. As I pointed out every few years we were moving up the conference ranks and CJL never had an opportunity to coach once that plateaued. Things would typically catch up to our program as the year dragged on as we lacked the depth to deal with the talent levels of our new station. The aac is the worst conference we have ever played in, we have more talent than every aac team that we play and yet we still find a way to put them in positions to lose while crying about how we can't figure out why no one wants to watch it anymore.

Um.....there are 5 games left this season and we are 6 wins and and only ONE conference loss. The most games USF has ever won is 9 games. We have 5 games left with 6 wins already. Life goes on. Too much crying. Let the season play out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Sure way to make money on the Bulls is to bet against them on games in late October on the road that matter.  This team folds like a cheap tent.

Pop up or standard poled tent?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

No popping up.

Just getting poled. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You may be right, but I think he is building the program back the right way - beating people we are supposed to beat (ie not dropping stupid games against teams like ECU, UConn, and Syracuse). The game against Temple was going to be a dog fight regardless of the athletes and speed on our team so it shouldnt be considered a missed lay-up. Our team is doing what those "good" teams back in 07 and 08 couldnt do - finish out teams that have no business beating us. This is a gradual process and I think people are being a bit too impatient now due to an overhyped off-season and our great start to the 2016 season. Honestly, I think we are where we're supposed to be (losing to FSU and splitting the Cincy and Temple games on the road, while winning all other games.) College football seasons will have curve balls (Navy performance so far, and UCF resurgence) and we have to roll with the punches. That's what championship teams do. The next 4 games this season will gauge how ready we are now to take that next step or come back next season with a more mature team as I think we have a solid foundation going forward. 
We've gone I think 13-4 in our last 17 games since we started hitting our stride last season? All 4 losses were either 50/50 or should have been outright losses (FSU). The next step is taking those 4 losses and making 2 of them victories in the next 17 games. Thats how we build and thats how we create a consistent winning culture. Starts next week when we play Navy. The silver lining is that this team doesn't fold. Study those 4 losses - 3 of them went deep into the fourth quarter when we were down double digits at a point earlier in the game. The issues with defense are what they are but I don't think this team goes down without a fight. Taggart wont let it. 

I never believed in the "losing to teams we should have beaten". Maybe in our minds was that true because we wanted to believe that. The reality is I don't think we lost more than 1 conference game in that time period that finished below us in the conference standings.

We have the opportunity to take things to the next level, but we have to have complete games from all units to do so.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Nope we shouldn't 

Biggest usf mistake that's cost us millions

How many conference championships did he win?  ZERO.  Little conference? BCS conference?  ZERO.

How many times did he even win more than 4 games in conference play?

Enough of the Memberberries over Leavitt.  USF would have eventually fired him over lack of progress.  If he actually made progress, then some school with deeper pockets would have lured him away with double or triple of what USF could have or would have offered him.

The broken record on this is just frigging tiring.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um.....there are 5 games left this season and we are 6 wins and and only ONE conference loss. The most games USF has ever won is 9 games. We have 5 games left with 6 wins already. Life goes on. Too much crying. Let the season play out.

are the other 5 teams going to just lay down.  I have watched Memphis, Navy, and SMU  play today.  we will not beat them and doubtful if we beat ucf.  Take off the green and gold goggles.  SMU has held Houston to 14 points tonight

Edited by snarling Bull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, snarling Bull said:

are the other 5 teams going to just lay down.  I have watched Memphis, Navy, and SMU  play today.  we will not beat them and doubtful if we beat ucf.  Take off the green and gold goggles.  SMU had held Houston to 14 points tonight

I feel foolish for saying in chat last night SMU was still pretty bad. At least tonight they look dominating.