• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF can't turn the corner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 10/28/2016 at 0:03 PM, puc86 said:

You play/cheer to win the game. If at the end of it an AAC championship were to come, I guess that is nice but I know i won't be bragging about it around the water cooler. 

I wouldn't brag about having a job where there's still a water cooler either.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

This ******* attitude is what has been driving me crazy about a portion of USF fans for awhile. Who gives a flying **** what other people care or know about the AAC? You should want to be the AAC champ because that's the realistic pinnacle of where we are right now. You say you support them but why even bother if you apparently can't get any kind of real pleasure with them winning a championship because "nobody" cares?

Why can't someone cheer for USF to win games just for the sake of winning the game? Why does it matter that if someone handed me an Aac championship trophy I would toss it in the garbage like the participation trophy that it is? I am not knocking anyone for aspiring to be the king of sandlot football but I don't like this league, I don't like the other teams that are in it, I don't like that we have to associate our brand with them and I feel the only true way to win it is to find a way out. I appreciate that you guys think we ought to accept our fate and that we should try to make the best of it and pretend that winning a championship here is the pinnacle of our program, I just happen to be of the belief the Aac is rock bottom for us. The Big 12 side show ought to show you that as a university and as a league we feel the same way. Anything and everything is better no matter how you have to whore yourself out or who you have to step on to get there.

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I wouldn't brag about having a job where there's still a water cooler either.

Funny, it is a figure of speech meaning any nonwork related talk taking place in an office setting and does not literally describe the setting of the conversation.

8 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Nailed it. People are followers though. College teams thrive on support, so support your team, and be patient. I'll be a USF supporter for life, no matter what.

You can support your team, go to every game, have season tickets, wear the gear, make contributions and not care one bit about the Aac or it's fellow members, I promise.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Funny, it is a figure of speech meaning any nonwork related talk taking place in an office setting and does not literally describe the setting of the conversation.

It is? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

To be clear on my point, since some of you may be addressing it in different ways.

I'm all for winning the AAC championship or whatever may be next.  Who wouldn't be?  Do I get excited about it?  If there were more to it, yes.  But we're one of the pooches that got screwed in the separation of the conferences and Money 5 vs the rest.  Now, wee are the big pooch in the little doghouse when you think from the BIg East we joined a lot of C-USAers.

Whatever is there to be won...including a game against Tulane, of course you want to win it.  That's competition.

My main point, however, is to call an AAC conference championship the pinnacle of success of the program would be an injustice to others that actually accomplished more.  It's for gnatbrains that think you can't accomplish anything unless you've won a conference championship (no matter how crummy the conference is). 

With the schedules we're playing, we better win the conference multiple years.  There won't be much more on our resume to try to make a case to play with the big boys.  We'll get an AAC title, and we'll win 10 games with these schedules.  It will delight some, but it won't do much to take the program higher.  And for some of us that matters.  Goes back to the argument, what gets this program more?  Wins over legit Top 25 teams or wins over former C-USA teams?  We'll see I guess.  Many believe continuously beating AAC teams will open the magic door.

And to puc86, what he's saying is more meaningful outside the Fowler radius.  The AAC is a joke.  Talk to people from PAC12, BIg12 and Big 10 out here and they just chuckle and feign concern over the poor Big East teams that got left behind in that conference.

Being able to openly discuss these realities should not be confused with one's support of the team.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Brad said:

To be clear on my point, since some of you may be addressing it in different ways.

I'm all for winning the AAC championship or whatever may be next.  Who wouldn't be?  Do I get excited about it?  If there were more to it, yes.  But we're one of the pooches that got screwed in the separation of the conferences and Money 5 vs the rest.  Now, wee are the big pooch in the little doghouse when you think from the BIg East we joined a lot of C-USAers.

Whatever is there to be won...including a game against Tulane, of course you want to win it.  That's competition.

My main point, however, is to call an AAC conference championship the pinnacle of success of the program would be an injustice to others that actually accomplished more.  It's for gnatbrains that think you can't accomplish anything unless you've won a conference championship (no matter how crummy the conference is). 

With the schedules we're playing, we better win the conference multiple years.  There won't be much more on our resume to try to make a case to play with the big boys.  We'll get an AAC title, and we'll win 10 games with these schedules.  It will delight some, but it won't do much to take the program higher.  And for some of us that matters.  Goes back to the argument, what gets this program more?  Wins over legit Top 25 teams or wins over former C-USA teams?  We'll see I guess.  Many believe continuously beating AAC teams will open the magic door.

And to puc86, what he's saying is more meaningful outside the Fowler radius.  The AAC is a joke.  Talk to people from PAC12, BIg12 and Big 10 out here and they just chuckle and feign concern over the poor Big East teams that got left behind in that conference.

Being able to openly discuss these realities should not be confused with one's support of the team.

That is my less bitter take on the subject. In order for a dozen or so teams to move up in the world we had to move down, it's a zero sum game. I don't know why in order to continue to be a Bulls fan I have to celebrate that we got the **** end of the stick. Getting to the top 25 is reason to celebrate for me, maybe getting to a New Years  six game, winning our games is always grounds for celebration, if we get a conference championship as a biproduct of these things then so be it but getting to the top of the heap isn't the pinnacle of anything for me when I consider what composes that pile.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

During the last round of realignment, 125 teams came out better off, and THREE teams came out worse off. USF, Cincy, and UCONN.

Yeah, we got the *** end of the stick