• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF can't turn the corner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

11 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

From top 20 defense to bottom 20 in one year...losing hardly any players...we would be undefeated with an average defense.

Apparently Tom Allen was overrated even though he greatly improved the defense in one year and then it went to trash.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Sure way to make money on the Bulls is to bet against them on games in late October on the road that matter.  This team folds like a cheap tent.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

15 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

We should have never fired The Jim.

I miss CJL a lot. I'm not going to throw in the towel on CWT. If Raymond Woodie is the D coordinator next season, I will.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sorry, as exciting as the offense has been, I put the inability to turn the corner now back on Taggart's shoulders. 

He is the head coach in charge of the ENTIRE team. 

We got what we paid for in him. He can coach the offense well enough against teams where we can "out athlete" the other team. In games where we are against equal level or better talent and the game will come down to his and the staff's ability to game plan or adjust he has not proven he can get win. 

We had the chance in several meaningful games last year and he couldn't get it done when it counted. (Maybe give him credit for Temple last year). But when something meaningful is on the line he is in over his head. 

Not one win in a meaningful game. He still has a lot to prove as a headcoach.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Sorry, as exciting as the offense has been, I put the inability to turn the corner now back on Taggart's shoulders. 

He is the head coach in charge of the ENTIRE team. 

We got what we paid for in him. He can coach the offense well enough against teams where we can "out athlete" the other team. In games where we are against equal level or better talent and the game will come down to his and the staff's ability to game plan or adjust he has not proven he can get win. 

We had the chance in several meaningful games last year and he couldn't get it done when it counted. (Maybe give him credit for Temple last year). But when something meaningful is on the line he is in over his head. 

Not one win in a meaningful game. He still has a lot to prove as a headcoach.  

It's true.  He is a great recruiter and has brought one of the most exciting offenses we have had.  Unfortunately, we still don't have a big win or that moment where they turned the corner.  Baby steps would indicate a bowl win, but the goal was to win the conference this year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Nope we shouldn't 

Biggest usf mistake that's cost us millions

And more than half of our fans plus the entire future and trajectory of our program. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's true.  He is a great recruiter and has brought one of the most exciting offenses we have had.  Unfortunately, we still don't have a big win or that moment where they turned the corner.  Baby steps would indicate a bowl win, but the goal was to win the conference this year.

Thats still possible. I think Temple has another loss in them. Maybe UCONN or Cincy. They are not good on offense. 

I just don't have confidence in Taggart in big time situations  never have.   

Winning championships is not about statistics  it is about situational football.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I know we have to air our feelings and we're all hurting. I get that but how are we done for the season? Temple can still drop a game as we just proved. Just because you're supposed to win doesn't mean you will. 

We are 6-2 and will take the one game at a time approach like always. Brush yourself off, make adjustments, and make Navy pay for what Temple did. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

33 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

We should have never fired The Jim.

Yes. It was much better watching CJL start strong and lose the conference games than it is with CWT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Winning championships is not about statistics  it is about situational football.

Yes