• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Has The Chance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

No teams add much value except ND or a P5 school.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Gismo said:

That's probably true, but we should go ahead and solicit applications from anyone interested, then make them sing and dance for us for a few months - it's the only way to be sure.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

Disagree. Boise, SDSU, Air Force and Colorado State would put this conference on the brink of P6. I don't think there is another program outside the MWC that will get us there outside of BYU, but that seems unlikely. The MWC is absolutely carried by those four programs. Dream scenario is add those 4, drop Tulane and add BYU. At that point, I don't think the AAC can be ignored at the big boy table.

Edited by NavyUSFGuy
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645

I would take Army and one of BYU/AF to put us at 14. Then wait to see if the Big12 blows up.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

I saw this movie once...

lmao

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

http://www.collegefootball.ap.org/article/aac-striving-turn-power-5-power-6

An old article, but Aresco seems to think he can break into the Power conferences. This may be the way to go, rather than hoping for an eventual invite. Seems unlikely though, and who knows whether or not we attain Power status because of it. Not real clear what has to happen, if anything, for a G5 conference to become a Power conference. 

So instead of the cartel (which includes the networks) letting two teams join its crappiest B5 conference, it'll decide to share the pie with a sixth conference.

By the way, Arresco looks like a charlatan more and more each day.  Remember when he said he thought the neutered big east cmight fetch a billion dollar tv deal (instead it dissolved).  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

By the way, Arresco looks like a charlatan more and more each day.  Remember when he said he thought the neutered big east cmight fetch a billion dollar tv deal (instead it dissolved).  

I have to agree, despite all of his hollow words he really hasn't delivered anything. I also don't believe that anyone will listen to him. The conference can beat whoever they want, but as long as the Herb Hindquarters of the world believe those games are flukes it doesn't matter. There is too much circular rhetoric in college football. Once conference play starts the out of conference games mean nothing. See Ole Miss and every other 2-3 loss ranked team. So n so plays in that tough conference so they automatically deserve to be ranked. I highly doubt that Aresco will change that.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

8 hours ago, Carolina_Bull said:

So instead of the cartel (which includes the networks) letting two teams join its crappiest B5 conference, it'll decide to share the pie with a sixth conference.

They probably won't share the pie with a sixth conference, and it's not clear how an entire conference can make the jump to "Power" status anyway, but I'm all for making this conference as good as it can be. The original post in this thread isn't a bad idea IMO. If it's doable, and gives Aresco any kind of leverage when it's time to renegotiate, then go for it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, HR Bull said:

I have to agree, despite all of his hollow words he really hasn't delivered anything. I also don't believe that anyone will listen to him. The conference can beat whoever they want, but as long as the Herb Hindquarters of the world believe those games are flukes it doesn't matter. There is too much circular rhetoric in college football. Once conference play starts the out of conference games mean nothing. See Ole Miss and every other 2-3 loss ranked team. So n so plays in that tough conference so they automatically deserve to be ranked. I highly doubt that Aresco will change that.

I would rather him say something than nothing like meatball did during our BE days. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There's a difference between being a, "power" conference and TV revenue. The, "power" conferences have auto tie-ins to the NYD bowls. They also have bigger TV contracts, but that's a separate issue.