• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated Bowl Predictions

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

57 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Cotton can take the top G5 school, lets say Boise State,  Then they have the option to take Houston as an at large bid.  Unlikely maybe, but they would sell some tickets.

I'd say very unlikely. Houston would sell some tickets but there should be plenty of P5 teams available for that at large bid that would sell more. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Unfortunately the only "top tier" bowl that the AAC has a chance at is the Cotton Bowl, and that isn't even a guarantee. The bowl tie is are by far one of the biggest flaws of the AAC. Granted this year we have more bowl games with possible P5 meetings.

I understand what you are saying but one could argue that, with the college playoffs now, there are no real top tier bowls other than the ones involving those 4 teams.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think the best chance to play one of the big 3 in FL is Miami in the St. Pete Bowl.  I see at least a couple of more losses coming their way.  

That would be a good game.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Everyone keeps saying CCG against Houston... Navy is in the driver's seat for their side. Even with a loss to us, they own the head-to-head, so, they would have to lose 2. Memphis this weekend is probably our best shot of them losing another conference game. There is a very real chance that they are in the CCG and not Houston.

Also, many are just acting like Houston will beat Louisville as a given. I don't see it. I think UL wins that game and with some luck is making a push for the playoffs even without getting into their championship. Our best bet is to pull against Boise and Western Mich.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

USF v GA Tech

Would be my "Happy Place"

Ty

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

But I would be happier with a Conference Championship and a New Years 6 Bowl game

Ty

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

22 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I understand what you are saying but one could argue that, with the college playoffs now, there are no real top tier bowls other than the ones involving those 4 teams.

One could argue that there's never been more than a couple bowls that have ever mattered in a single season if crowning a national champion is the goal.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

If Boise and WMU even losses one, and we win out, we are a lock for the NY6 bowl. The AAC is the equivalent to the SEC in the G5. We are a step above the rest of the G5, and everybody knows this.

We may even pass up an undefeated WMU. But probably won't pass an undefeated Boise. We need them to lose.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Just give me a conference trophy and a bowl game win against any P5 team.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

If we can finish with a good enough ranking that could set us up for a cinderella run next season.