• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated Bowl Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Mark Schlabach of ESPN has us playing Georgia Tech in the St Pete Bowl.  Our buddy Brett McMurphy has us in the same bowl playing Syracuse (that would suck btw).  The only other one I've seen has us playing Wake Forest in the Military Bowl.  I think that might have been USA Today.  Just a reminder that our bowl affiliations suck.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

59 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Mark Schlabach of ESPN has us playing Georgia Tech in the St Pete Bowl.  Our buddy Brett McMurphy has us in the same bowl playing Syracuse (that would suck btw).  The only other one I've seen has us playing Wake Forest in the Military Bowl.  I think that might have been USA Today.  Just a reminder that our bowl affiliations suck.

Projecting us playing P5 teams in a bowl, any bowl, doesn't suck to me. After watching Babers in that post Va Tech locker room, I'd like to kick their ass again ..... That's OUR house, baby!

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

We have to win our bowl game for it to matter (see WKU). Beating a GT wouldn't be bad for the image.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I woulsnt mind Birmingham, Military or Bahamas. It just sucks that there's no tiers in our bowl selection. The bowls themselves get to bid on who they want based on who they believe they can draw for that game. So it's almost inevitable that Boca, Cure, Miami Beach or St Pete will choose us.... which is ********. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

We have to win our bowl game for it to matter (see WKU). Beating a GT wouldn't be bad for the image.

For sure,  A team like GT or NC state or South Carolina would be a fun match up and have good chance of winning.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

For sure,  A team like GT or NC state or South Carolina would be a fun match up and have good chance of winning.

I'm just crossing fingers for a P5, any P5. The above match-ups are actually great . I just hate the location of the bowl. It should be against the bowl policy to play at a local bowl game and play a conference rival (happened last year.) Rearrange **** if you need too.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I think it would suck to play Syracuse twice in the same year (3 times in a year and a half).  I'll take any other ACC school including the Canes

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

10 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I think it would suck to play Syracuse twice in the same year (3 times in a year and a half).  I'll take any other ACC school including the Canes

I would tend to agree...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

I woulsnt mind Birmingham, Military or Bahamas. It just sucks that there's no tiers in our bowl selection. The bowls themselves get to bid on who they want based on who they believe they can draw for that game. So it's almost inevitable that Boca, Cure, Miami Beach or St Pete will choose us.... which is ********. 

It's not as one sided as you may think. The commisnor, athletic director, and bowls all work together to decide. If we won the conference but did not get the access Bowl I would almost bet we go to Birmingham to play an SEC team.