• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going for the last second touchdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I also went back and watched. I can't get over how much the ecu coached pissed and moaned to the refs the entire game. It was comical during the interception in the 4th as he was running up and down simulating a thrown flag. What a jerk. I think CWT saw that and said "oh no you  didn't" and gave him the  motivation to launch bombs at the end of the game. 

They had it coming.  I am bummed we couldn't score for maximum entertainment value.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, thatboykane said:

Why not just play defense and stop it from happening? The game is 60 minutes. Don't want us to score more points? Stop it. Can't stop it? Then they deserve to lose by 7 more points.

I don't disagree. That view is not incompatible with understanding that running up the score is frowned upon by many. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

CWT was asked about this at the radio show last night. You could tell he wanted to say what he really thought about people complaining about going for it, but he paused and said "we're moving on with humble hearts". 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

One thing for sure, it's gonna make for better games in the future. Good, bad, or otherwise, we'll be on the other side eventually.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I'm thinking I have coached 1500+ basketball games, with several hundred at the high school level.  I have been on the receiving end of a few beatdowns, but never did I ask my team to stop playing, nor did I expect the ultimate victor to stop playing.  Taking solid beatings actually helped us identify what we needed to work on most.  The only people that took offense to the beatings were the parents in the stands, mostly the mommies.  I assured them their sons would emerge as better players and stronger young men.  I think they all did.  Big freaking deal. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I legitimately don't think it had anything to do with running the score up. The offense was stagnant in the 2nd half outside of the Rodney Adams big play to go up 2 scores. I truly believe coach T was going with the, we are going to be out here until we do it right, or they turn the lights off on us approach. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Gobulls90 said:

CWT was asked about this at the radio show last night. You could tell he wanted to say what he really thought about people complaining about going for it, but he paused and said "we're moving on with humble hearts". 

Awe snap he still had to answer that q? How about our media and fans just say thank you coach for winning a ball game.  Is this pod cast so i can listen? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/8/2016 at 8:21 PM, ArmyBull said:

With 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Michigan should probably start taking knees against Rutgers.  It is very disrespectful what is happening there.  

Hell, Jimmy went for two up 50!!!!! He's a jerk and should quit immediately.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

On 10/8/2016 at 8:21 PM, ArmyBull said:

With 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Michigan should probably start taking knees against Rutgers.  It is very disrespectful what is happening there.  

Knowing Rutgers, they'd somehow manage to screw up defending against the "v-formation" and somehow get scored on anyways.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 10/9/2016 at 6:31 PM, Brad said:

Slick has motivated me go create a Scottie Montgomery trophy and award it weekly to the USF fan with the biggest post-game complaint. 

Yes!  Maybe I can finally win something!

• Upvote 2