• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great game by QF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

The best part of QF's game is how he's taken care of the football.  

Bingo, live for another down it really is the best part of his game along with his running ability. If we have few or no turnovers and we force a few on defense...we are a tough team to beat.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I just wish people were as vocal and passionate when it's compliment time as they are when Quinton has a bad game. It's like some people sit around waiting for an I told you so. 

+1000. Dude wins the conference championship throwing for 300 yards there will still be some who don't have the stones to say they were wrong. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I just wish people were as vocal and passionate when it's compliment time as they are when Quinton has a bad game. It's like some people sit around waiting for an I told you so. 

We have a contingent here on TBP that wants our QB in the national discussion with stats like, 28/40, 330 yards passing, 4 TDs, 0 INT.  

Because that's not QF's game, that contingent won't be satisfied even with the wins USF has been piling up since last year.  I don't know if that's because UCF has put two QBs in the NFL and those fans are dying for us to add our first NFL starter ... but it's just not the type of offense we run.

As for me, I just enjoy QF's ability to beat you with his legs, and he's just good enough to where defenses have to respect his arm.  I love that, and I feel like the gray hair accumulation has slowed down for me a bit since the Cuse game last year.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Football is fun again. That pro-style offense we tried early on in CWT's tenure was painful to watch.

Q isn't a pro-style QB but that's fine by me - this is college football and we aren't Stanford. Plus, why wouldn't we want to average 45 points per game?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Hats off to Q, he showed some great leadership during the game. I specifically remember him tapping Mitchell Wilcox on the shoulder to get him lined up correctly prior to taking the TO, to avoid getting a penalty. That was just sharp, and won't wind up on a stat line.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

29 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Hats off to Q, he showed some great leadership during the game. I specifically remember him tapping Mitchell Wilcox on the shoulder to get him lined up correctly prior to taking the TO, to avoid getting a penalty. That was just sharp, and won't wind up on a stat line.

Not to mention that we scored a TD on the VERY next play coming out of the timeout. That was such a critical moment in the game. up 24-20 coming off of our defense creating a turnover and field position. Biggest play in the game, IMHO. Q has developed that winning mentality/leadership that Grothe had. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

So true.. I very nearly brought this up in the Game Thread in the first half, but I decided to let it be considering it was a Game Thread.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Q managed a great game, glad to see all the positives. He doesn't throw a pretty spiral, but most of them are catchable. His reads are getting very good, you can tell he's doing his homework.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Not to mention that we scored a TD on the VERY next play coming out of the timeout. That was such a critical moment in the game. up 24-20 coming off of our defense creating a turnover and field position. Biggest play in the game, IMHO. Q has developed that winning mentality/leadership that Grothe had. 

Just re-watched the USF at NCSU game from 2008 and was thinking this exact thought.

• Upvote 1