• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

You whoah is me powwow drive me insane. Y'all ate probably the sane BJ Daniels haters from years past. We loss but scored 35 points. 

Defense couldn't stop the run. Was offense firing on all cylinders, no. But this loss isn't QF. How many points did his picks cost us? 3 maybe 6.... we loss by 20.

We are really good where we are but haven't made the transition to perennial power house at this point in time. Not the end of the world. I mean Florida State got beat by 40+ points and their season didn't end so why should ours?

QF still kept us in the game. He threw those bombs on a rope. I watched a lot of college football as of late and that ability isn't common. He's a special player but today want his day. 

Did y'all even watch Florida states qb? He was skipping passes left and right, hence why they relied so heavily on the run. I don't see anyone saying he's horrible. We couldn't stop the run, so they never had to depend on their freshman qb. Simple as that, no one is saying he's one dimensional or a one trick pony. 

Shake it off Bulls fans! The whining makes us look weak!

Their QB is completing over 60% of his passes with more yds thus far in the season. He's a redshirt freshman......

If I was Jimbo, he would have never thrown the ball yesterday. Our defense couldn't stop anything on the ground.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Their QB is completing over 60% of his passes with more yds thus far in the season. He's a redshirt freshman......

If I was Jimbo, he would have never thrown the ball yesterday. Our defense couldn't stop anything on the ground.

A redshirt freshman surrounded by FSU/NFL level talent. QF would ball out of control with an OLine like that and those grown men sticky handed receivers. 

I would agree with that too but he didn't look good at times. Just like the majority of college level qbs, he wasn't perfect. I just wished the "fan" behind me would have leveled criticism equally. 

It pissed me off hearing one of us bad mouth our own all game for stuff that ALL qbs do. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, TallyBull said:

ot really sure what you're saying. But I guess we sat in different sections and you saw what you saw. But absolutely no way 50% of that crowd was FSU, and it looked like 25% to me.

The visitor side looked all Garnet and White to me. If Bourbon saw 12 green shirts he saw more than I did.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

I've actually said in alot of post how talented QF is. I've also pointed out what flaws I see in this team. It's not bashing, just pointing out areas of.....wait for it....WEAKNESS. 

All QBs do have bad days,dropped passes, missed PI calls etc....

PS...Our receivers beat their DBs on a regular basis yesterday. Did Dillion get targeted at all yesterday? He is a mismatch waiting to happen. Talk about NFL size and talent.

We should be fine the rest of the season.

Edited by mjadams
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, mjadams said:

PS...Our receivers beat their DBs on a regular basis yesterday.

Rodney Adams getting the opening drive pass and that's all will never be good.  He's got have the ball delivered to his hands more or we aren't using one of our best weapons out there.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

FSU is college football royalty.  QF didn't lose the game due to 5 completed passes.  He was running for his life. FSU is way better than us at every position on the field.  For the first time this year the OL was poor and the D just got mauled.  Sanchez and Harris played poorly with their inability to get off blocks.  WRs were unable to separate.  It's one loss to a far superior team.  Better start paying attention to Cincy.  Second season starts next Saturday.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

At the beginning of the year I'd take 3-1 but it's not a stretch to say that it's a pretty weak 3-1 based on the competition of our three wins and crapping the bed yesterday.

This defense can be exploited.

I don't agree that it has been a weak 3-1. NIU didn't get past our 48 yard line until we had our 2nd and 3rd team in. 

Syracuse is 7th in the nation in passing so far this year. After the first quarter we shut them down. To think a team with that kind of passing game is not going to put up yardage has no basis in reality. They key is we kept them off the scoreboard. 

We aren't a top 10 defense. Still things to work out, but I don't think were a bad defense. 

I will agree that in a close game or when coaches decision will have an impact on the outcome of a game, both Woodie and Taggart make me nervous. 

I'll reserve judgement till end of the year  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

20 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Really not trying to hurt feelings, but when QF cant do QF things, we will struggle.  He looked confused and unsure of himself.  He picked up some great runs in garbage time and had one maybe two deep balls that should have been caught.  You have to be able to look at his abilities objectively.  

Why are folks giving Army Bull grief?  I can't find a lie in here.  I love the guy, but aside from a few deep balls, his passing was horrible.  

That said, he didn't lose the game.  A D that got destroyed & never adjusted cost us the game.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

20 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I'll reserve judgement till end of the year

Get outta here with that stupid talk ...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

Why are folks giving Army Bull grief?  I can't find a lie in here.  I love the guy, but aside from a few deep balls, his passing was horrible.  

That said, he didn't lose the game.  A D that got destroyed & never adjusted cost us the game.

Because he completely discredits the plays at makes with his legs...he had 320 total yards on offense...he gets in his mind the only way a qb can advance the football is through the air...he can do a better job avoiding sacks and turning a loss into positive yards...yes, I think he can absolutely improve...but he is our best option at qb and does a lot of really good things