• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Point of view I'll offer (albeit unpopular) is that before the Tice anklebreaker, we had three allegedly great RBs in the stable.  We also have Rodney Adams and other allegedly talented receivers.  It would lead me to believe the ideal QB would be one that can get the ball to our receivers and hand it off to our elite backs.  If we're relying on him to be a running back then he could join that group.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

19 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

If that's how you feel I'm assuming you don't want to move up in class  in the Big 12 if we were invited.

1 game isn't stopping anyone from moving to another conference. 

You do realize that since there has been a P5 only one 5 star recruit has chosen a non-P5 school? No one realistically expects our talent to beat theirs. Including the powers that be at the Big 12.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

Because he completely discredits the plays at makes with his legs...he had 320 total yards on offense...he gets in his mind the only way a qb can advance the football is through the air...he can do a better job avoiding sacks and turning a loss into positive yards...yes, I think he can absolutely improve...but he is our best option at qb and does a lot of really good things 

Fair points, although a lot of those rushing yards came late, and maybe v the 2nd string.  Still, what's truly impressive is that when FSU knew he was struggling to pass & would lean to run, he still gashed them...time after time.

I love the guy, but I wish he could hit those quick, short passes.  In his defense, our OL got overpowered and he was running for his life most of the day.  His 2 INT were just bad.  If he throws the first deeper, it may be a TD.  The deep ball right after we recovered the fumble in the 2nd half was into 2 or 3 deep coverage, and sucked away any momentum to just took.

Yes, it seems he's our best option, and he will win us a lot of games.  Looking forward to seeing him against AAC foes who will NOT be surprised by his style/skills.  But they still have to stop it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Point of view I'll offer (albeit unpopular) is that before the Tice anklebreaker, we had three allegedly great RBs in the stable.  We also have Rodney Adams and other allegedly talented receivers.  It would lead me to believe the ideal QB would be one that can get the ball to our receivers and hand it off to our elite backs.  If we're relying on him to be a running back then he could join that group.

We're relying on him to make plays with his legs, just like the previous 2 successful qb's did and it's been working out pretty well so far ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Different lens. 

Best RB group of all time. 

Perhaps best WR group of all time. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Hard to argue with the offensive production up to this point with the current configuration .... and I'm not sure I'm ready for a USF qb that doesn't use his legs like the 3 mentioned did/do. Don't seem natural.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Part of the reason the RB's have so much room in the running game is the threat of Flowers keeping the ball on the zone read..... 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

It's a weak 3-1. An FCS team that's 1-2 and two FBS teams that have a combined record of 2-6.

Three opponents with a combined ONE win against FBS opponents.

Would have been a weak 3-1 regardless if FSU would have been close or not. 

We destroyed our first 3 opponents with most of our starters out by midway through the 3rd in each game. 

I'll agree the schedule was weak, but in college football so are most. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

For the record the FSU starters played the full game. There were some substitutions here and there and the fsu D was probably a little more lax, but it was definitely against the starters. You can even wander on over to Tomahawk Nation and the majority of them are  still in the fire Charles Kelly mode.  At times, our offense and misdirection was confusing the FSU D. There were a handful of times QF pump faked and the entire defense would jump even though he only completed 5 passes. I just wish they did a little more trickeration or went for it on some of those 4th and shorts or something. Defense wasn't tackling well and DC4 was running like a man on a mission. 

Also I implore everyone to tell me where all the four and five star pro style QBs are coming from to come to USF. There's not many in FBS that can make all of the throws consistently and those guys are generally reserved for the blue bloods. I understand the frustration; believe me it was hard to watch the two picks, but Frenchy (5 star) was bouncing balls off the dirt too. 

This FSU team is also worlds better than last year's team (which by the way sand bagged our entire game as to not give away plays on tape.) I'm deflated by the performance but let's use it as fuel for conference play. CWT owned up to it and I have no doubt he will have his players and coaches prepared for the bearcats. 

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think anyone wants a pro style qb. We still need a mover and shaker, just someone who can complete 60% of their passes (across the line of scrimmage)

Dillion across the middle is dangerous 

We will live with what we have for now since no one on the team can throw the rock any better.

Edited by mjadams