• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's hard to win when you have more punts than completed passes....

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You must have watched a different game than the rest of us.

Did we or did we not put up 35 points?  I know which one of us right and which one of us is talking out his rear end.  Care to fess up?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Can't image a worse scenario. National spotlight, at home, chance to maybe win some casual fans from this area. Down 45-14 in the 3rd quarter in front of a half empty stadium. Most people I talked to about this game....people who don't follow USF football closely....looked at this as a big time program against a small time program. I tried to convince them otherwise (Goliath vs. Goliath, as Bench put it). Didn't start well when one of the pregame shows called us "UCF", mostly downhill from there.

When you can't out-athlete the other team, hopefully there is sound coaching in place. That didn't seem to be the case today. Calling the final timeout on a stopped clock before the half, the failure to try an onside kick late when we hadn't been able to stop the run all day, defense couldn't seem to adjust. Defense seems to lack passion this year without Tom Allen. After seeing Appalachian State-Tennessee, Troy-Clemson, North Dakota State-Iowa, I felt confident that we had enough talent to at least make it competitive. 

On the bright side, still have a lot to play for. Still very little doubt it will be USF-Houston in the AAC title game. D. Johnson looked good in this game. Hopefully the Tice injury isn't as bad as it looked. 

I can think of a lot worse... 2-10, 3-9.

Sucks we lost, but let's win the conference.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

It's the manner in which the defense rolled over and took it for most the game. Losing the game is disappointing but not being competitive can carry over.

Yeah, rolled over by 4 and 5 star recruits who'll play in the NFL and before that a NC or two.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just now, Bullshiznitz said:

Did we or did we not put up 35 points?  I know which one of us right and which one of us is talking out his rear end.  Care to fess up?

I'm glad you are proud of 21 garbage points against the second and third string FSU defense.  

Did QF throw two picks, one on a ball horribly under thrown and another to a receiver that was blanketed by two DBs, right after we had a turnover.  That play was the one that finished us off.

I guess you are ok with him breaking Tice's ankle also.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Bullshiznitz said:

We scored TWO garbage time TDS.  The game was not remotely close as the score would suggest.  No, it was not all Q and probably 60% on the D.  But Q was not able to do the things that we need a QB to do in those situations.  Again, he will win us games in the AAC but if we get behind on good teams, he will not be able to rescue us, and that kinda sucks!      

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

40 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I think whether we get to 6 wins or 10 it feels like we are locked into the St Pete Bowl. At least it's against an ACC team.

Not sure there is a ton to look forward to if we lose at Cincinnati next week.

We're not locked into anything yet. 12-1 with a win over Houston to win the AAC doesn't lock us into that bowl, does it? We can possibly end the season on an 8 game winning streak and get a win over a ranked team to finish strong before bowl selection. I doubt losing to a team that'll be back in the top 10 in the next week or two drops us out of climbing back up to the Top 25 if we accomplish that win streak the rest of the season. Still the best record in school history on the table.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, USFBulls12 said:

We're not locked into anything yet. 12-1 with a win over Houston to win the AAC doesn't lock us into that bowl, does it? We can possibly end the season on an 8 game winning streak and get a win over a ranked team to finish strong before bowl selection. I doubt losing to a team that'll be back in the top 10 in the next week or two drops us out of climbing back up to the Top 25 if we accomplish that win streak the rest of the season. Still the best record in school history on the table.

I love your optimism. As misplaced as I think it may be, I really wish I could be that optimistic.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On a macro scale the only disaster was the game was scheduled at noon and nationally televised. We got rolled by a bigger and better team while fans understandably left due to the 100+ degrees.

The loss was not unexpected and yes the casual fans who don't know much will hold it against us but it changes very little for our team or our season.

On a micro scale we did lose Tice which is disasterish and QF looked like poop after the first two series until the FSU defense decided they didn't care what Jimbo wanted, they were taking it easy. The defense continued to allow lots of yards and against a good team it cost us.

It was an awakening more than a disaster, excepting the injuries.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

We scored TWO garbage time TDS.  The game was not remotely close as the score would suggest.  No, it was not all Q and probably 60% on the D.  But Q was not able to do the things that we need a QB to do in those situations.  Again, he will win us games in the AAC but if we get behind on good teams, he will not be able to rescue us, and that kinda sucks!      

We put up 14 pts on FSU in the first 5 min.  The fact that our defense completely rolled over in the entire first half( first 4 possesions were TDs) is what lost us the game.  The fact you can't admit that...well you've been a QF hater since day 1...so what else is there to say....QF and our 2007 or 2009 defense in this game and the game is over by half time....sadly we have 2013 level defense

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3