• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Can't image a worse scenario. National spotlight, at home, chance to maybe win some casual fans from this area. Down 45-14 in the 3rd quarter in front of a half empty stadium. Most people I talked to about this game....people who don't follow USF football closely....looked at this as a big time program against a small time program. I tried to convince them otherwise (Goliath vs. Goliath, as Bench put it). Didn't start well when one of the pregame shows called us "UCF", mostly downhill from there.

When you can't out-athlete the other team, hopefully there is sound coaching in place. That didn't seem to be the case today. Calling the final timeout on a stopped clock before the half, the failure to try an onside kick late when we hadn't been able to stop the run all day, defense couldn't seem to adjust. Defense seems to lack passion this year without Tom Allen. After seeing Appalachian State-Tennessee, Troy-Clemson, North Dakota State-Iowa, I felt confident that we had enough talent to at least make it competitive. 

On the bright side, still have a lot to play for. Still very little doubt it will be USF-Houston in the AAC title game. D. Johnson looked good in this game. Hopefully the Tice injury isn't as bad as it looked. 

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I came into this game thinking really big things, but reality isn't too nice sometimes. Just a ton of talent that we had to overcome, and we weren't able to devise a good enough game plan to do it. Cincy game is huge. Need to bounce back the way FSU did against us. Good to know that somebody, somewhere, is saying "Boy, FSU really put it on UCF"

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Sorry, I know I am going to get killed for the QF negativity, but he is simply not the answer.  5 completions the entire game.  He needs to be our "wild cat" QB.  He is serviceable and will win lots of games, but he will never be an elite QB, even in the AAC.  Analyze away, but he does not have the skills to read a defense.  He has great legs and can chuck it in one on one situations, but we need more than that, especially if our defense is struggling.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

Sorry, I know I am going to get killed for the QF negativity, but he is simply not the answer.  5 completions the entire game.  He needs to be our "wild cat" QB.  He is serviceable and will win lots of games, but he will never be an elite QB, even in the AAC.  Analyze away, but he does not have the skills to read a defense.  He has great legs and can chuck it in one on one situations, but we need more than that, especially if our defense is struggling.  

Lol we'll win seven conferences games at least 

Just now, PCBull14 said:

Lol we'll win seven conferences games at least 

Knew it was coming, read what you want.

He is serviceable and will win lots of games, but he will never be an elite QB, even in the AAC

• Downvote 2

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

Knew it was coming, read what you want.

He is serviceable and will win lots of games, but he will never be an elite QB, even in the AAC

I knew your negative out look on QF was coming. We should play the lotto!!!

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

I knew your negative out look on QF was coming. We should play the lotto!!!

Really not trying to hurt feelings, but when QF cant do QF things, we will struggle.  He looked confused and unsure of himself.  He picked up some great runs in garbage time and had one maybe two deep balls that should have been caught.  You have to be able to look at his abilities objectively.  

Guest PCBull14
Just now, ArmyBull said:

Really not trying to hurt feelings, but when QF cant do QF things, we will struggle.  He looked confused and unsure of himself.  He picked up some great runs in garbage time and had one maybe two deep balls that should have been caught.  You have to be able to look at his abilities objectively.  

What did you want him to do? Did you see the line mis match today? 

Just now, PCBull14 said:

What did you want him to do? Did you see the line mis match today? 

I wanted him to complete more than 5 passes and know what to do in key situations.  I still think he can win us the division and who knows, maybe the conference, but he will never be able to carry the team regularly, and that is ok.  

• Upvote 1