• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

19 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

75% of the crowd was USF?  Sitting on the home side and looking across I saw about a dozen green shirts. Our section was interspersed with FSU fans, maybe 15 - 20% (211). Don't see how that equates, even with the students, to 75%.

Not really sure what you're saying. But I guess we sat in different sections and you saw what you saw. But absolutely no way 50% of that crowd was FSU, and it looked like 25% to me.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

We put up 14 pts on FSU in the first 5 min.  The fact that our defense completely rolled over in the entire first half( first 4 possesions were TDs) is what lost us the game.  The fact you can't admit that...well you've been a QF hater since day 1...so what else is there to say....QF and our 2007 or 2009 defense in this game and the game is over by half time....sadly we have 2013 level defense

I dont know how many times I have to say that QF doing QF things will win us lots of games, but if it makes me a hater that QF in his junior year still cant diagnose a defense and relies solely on the deep ball for statistical impressiveness, then so be it.  He is a below average QB with a strong arm and above average running ability.  If that win us games, so be it.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I dont know how many times I have to say that QF doing QF things will win us lots of games, but if it makes me a hater that QF in his junior year still cant diagnose a defense and relies solely on the deep ball for statistical impressiveness, then so be it.  He is a below average QB with a strong arm and above average running ability.    

QF does many great things and will probably lead us to a division if not conference championship. However he also has significant weaknesses where if a team shuts down his strengths there is no alternative that he can execute well.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

1st quarter defense and 2nd quarter offense did not show up. We only played 3 quarters of football.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

We're not locked into anything yet. 12-1 with a win over Houston to win the AAC doesn't lock us into that bowl, does it? We can possibly end the season on an 8 game winning streak and get a win over a ranked team to finish strong before bowl selection. I doubt losing to a team that'll be back in the top 10 in the next week or two drops us out of climbing back up to the Top 25 if we accomplish that win streak the rest of the season. Still the best record in school history on the table.

Fyi your jumping the gun marijuana isn't legal yet

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

Knew it was coming, read what you want.

He is serviceable and will win lots of games, but he will never be an elite QB, even in the AAC

He's better than anyone we've had in years, and there are many teams with better QBs than QF.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Sellular1 said:

He's better than anyone we've had in years, and there are many teams with better QBs than QF.  

Absolutely accurate statement.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

You whoah is me powwow drive me insane. Y'all ate probably the sane BJ Daniels haters from years past. We loss but scored 35 points. 

Defense couldn't stop the run. Was offense firing on all cylinders, no. But this loss isn't QF. How many points did his picks cost us? 3 maybe 6.... we loss by 20.

We are really good where we are but haven't made the transition to perennial power house at this point in time. Not the end of the world. I mean Florida State got beat by 40+ points and their season didn't end so why should ours?

QF still kept us in the game. He threw those bombs on a rope. I watched a lot of college football as of late and that ability isn't common. He's a special player but today want his day. 

Did y'all even watch Florida states qb? He was skipping passes left and right, hence why they relied so heavily on the run. I don't see anyone saying he's horrible. We couldn't stop the run, so they never had to depend on their freshman qb. Simple as that, no one is saying he's one dimensional or a one trick pony. 

Shake it off Bulls fans! The whining makes us look weak!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Any reasonable Bulls fan had us at 3-1 heading into conference play. Did the loss suck? Sure but unlessyou were predicting an undefeated season then you saw this coming. The real season starts next Saturday and I'm sure the team will be ready.

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

I don't blame Flowers for this loss, I put it mostly on the defense. Flowers completed a great pass on the first play to give us a lead and maybe put some doubt in FSU. So what does the D do to respond? Give up a 75 yard TD run to Cook on the first play. Then the offense goes down the field and regains the lead and what does the D do? Allow them to go right down the field and score again. The defense gave up a TD on the first 4 FSU possessions. I don't care who our QB is you can't expect us to score on every drive against a team like FSU when the defense gives up TD after TD. Cook killed us last year and the D allowed him to do it again, it's hard to win games when you give up 533 yards on 58 carries to the same guy in 2 years.

• Upvote 2