• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's with FSU ticket sales?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, BrownBullsFan said:

If we both win this weekend, it will take care of itself.

Agree

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

Idk what everyone's talking about I had 14 tickets to this game in the lower bowl and 12 were for sale.i only have 5 left.  My 2 season tickets in sec 111 it's me and my buddy (FSU grad). We have a bet that when USF wins he has to take a pic with me and Rocky da Bull:GoBulls::7_sweat_smile:

Edited by NYCbull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The only way this game would be sold out already is if USF did a terrible job in setting a price for their tickets.

Ideally they will have 3,000 left for walk ups.

their job isn't to sell out (especially this early). Their job is to maximize revenue.

They could easily be sold out right now if they sold every ticket for $5 each.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The price point does seem to be a factor. I'm an out of town alumni who might be interested in attending (I can't due to a work conflict, but just say I could).  I could half day road trip it down or get Allegiant or cheaper Southwest flights and crash with friends for maybe $120-200.  Not cheap, but travel isn't anyway, so not too bad.  But then my ticket options to see the game are either $85+ in the upper deck or spend even more to get better seats for this and two other games I have to travel down for.  So even at absolute rock bottom prices, for this alumna this is at least a $200 game to attend for nosebleed seats, and realistically it's probably twice that.  And that's assuming I did this on my own, without involving my family (another consideration since it's a noon game and travel would have to be Friday night).

My point is, it's one thing to say alumni should step up, but there are realistic and reasonable cost and time considerations for every alumni.  If USF added to that cost to pocket more money WITHOUT providing some alumni incentives or discounts...then it doesn't make a lot of sense to put it all on them/us.  I don't know that that's what happened here, but when I was pricing this game out before the season that seemed to be the case.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

27 minutes ago, NCBull said:

The price point does seem to be a factor. I'm an out of town alumni who might be interested in attending (I can't due to a work conflict, but just say I could).  I could half day road trip it down or get Allegiant or cheaper Southwest flights and crash with friends for maybe $120-200.  Not cheap, but travel isn't anyway, so not too bad.  But then my ticket options to see the game are either $85+ in the upper deck or spend even more to get better seats for this and two other games I have to travel down for.  So even at absolute rock bottom prices, for this alumna this is at least a $200 game to attend for nosebleed seats, and realistically it's probably twice that.  And that's assuming I did this on my own, without involving my family (another consideration since it's a noon game and travel would have to be Friday night).

My point is, it's one thing to say alumni should step up, but there are realistic and reasonable cost and time considerations for every alumni.  If USF added to that cost to pocket more money WITHOUT providing some alumni incentives or discounts...then it doesn't make a lot of sense to put it all on them/us.  I don't know that that's what happened here, but when I was pricing this game out before the season that seemed to be the case.

You are the exception, not the rule. According to our Big 12 presentation, 160,000 alumni live in the Tampa Bay area. If just one 8th of them attended the game and brought someone along with them, that would be 40,000 USF fans. 

Also, USF did make it attractive for alumni to go to the game. The three game packs were priced to sell at $119 for 3 games. That works out to $40 a ticket for the lower level, quite a bargain if you ask me. Currently, there are $129 three game packs remaining. Point being, USF priced the game at the correct price point and offered a discount to those willing to support the team beyond the one "big" home game against FSU.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Exactly. So let's wait and see where both teams come in ranked at before the "biggest home game ever stuff". If USF spanks Cuse enough to break the top 20 and FSU handles L'ville it will be a similar type situation, except we had a bigger run up to the WVU game than to this one. The Big 12 crap is, in reality, pretty much a non-factor when trying to force the biggest home game moniker on it ...... except to hand wringing fans who love to fret over stuff like this. I do think that USF effed up with the 3rd level tix at $85. I think that's even more than a Bucs' game ...... What were they priced at in 2012?

I get what you're saying and agree that losses to both teams can kill the juice, but  this is still FSU. What are the chances that they come back here again?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I get what you're saying and agree that losses to both teams can kill the juice, but  this is still FSU. What are the chances that they come back here again?

If they win out, they will be back here on January 9, 2017. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, Bull94 said:

The only way this game would be sold out already is if USF did a terrible job in setting a price for their tickets.

Ideally they will have 3,000 left for walk ups.

their job isn't to sell out (especially this early). Their job is to maximize revenue.

They could easily be sold out right now if they sold every ticket for $5 each.

Early? The game is 9 days away. We should be at 90 percent capacity at this point, honestly. 

A win vs. Syracuse will make sure we sell out though, honestly. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Early? The game is 9 days away. We should be at 90 percent capacity at this point, honestly. 

A win vs. Syracuse will make sure we sell out though, honestly. 

yes early. if tickets are sold out and selling for more than face value on stubhub then they undervalued their product.

they want to be like an airline and fill their last seats on the day of the flight(game). noon game is a tough sell. I'd say if it was 7pm they might already be sold out. Parents have kids activities saturday morning. if we win and FSU wins then sales will pick up. I've had plenty of people ask about getting tickets just this past week.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I'm not worried about early sales.  There will be a large walk-up crowd that will snatch up any remaining tickets.