• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's with FSU ticket sales?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

38 minutes ago, ___ Eats It said:

I keep hearing that FSU ticket prices are too high for their fans to purchase from USF/Ticketmaster.

All that tells me is that FSU degrees don't pay well enough. I'm even more thankful now that that degree on my wall says "University of South Florida"

I think a lot o it has to do with the fact they just had a game in Orlando. If I was an FSU fan and was going to do one of the two, I would go see Ole Miss. I hope we have tons of USF fans tomorrow. It is going to be a fun day. We will win, take it to the bank.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

John Lewis... any word on the number of tickets sold?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with this game is that it is on a Saturday and at noon. Weekends just have too many other things going on to compete with and the students go home on the weekends. We also don't like showing up when it is hot outside. USF fans, do not show up when: Games are on the weekend, against unranked no name teams, day games when it is hot, when fraternity or sorority events are happening on campus, when USF is unranked, when the Gates or Noles are playing at the same time, when Publix subs are on sale, or on Fridays when there is high school football going on. We really need to schedule around all of these things to draw the crowds.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

2 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

The problem with this game is that it is on a Saturday and at noon. Weekends just have too many other things going on to compete with and the students go home on the weekends. We also don't like showing up when it is hot outside. USF fans, do not show up when: Games are on the weekend, against unranked no name teams, day games when it is hot, when fraternity or sorority events are happening on campus, when USF is unranked, when the Gates or Noles are playing at the same time, when Publix subs are on sale, or on Fridays when there is high school football going on. We really need to schedule around all of these things to draw the crowds.

Your argument about the students not showing up this year is completely irrelevant this year, the students have shown up all season. Additionally, the chance of their being more students showing up to a Thursday or Friday night game rather than a game on Saturday, regardless of time, is comical. Everyone knows that College Football is meant to be one Saturdays, the only reason why there are games on any other day is solely due to $$ for broadcasting companies. The issue with the attendance is not the student, but in fact the regular Joe. Regardless of actual/and announced, the student section makes up a solid portion of whichever number you want to use. Until USF can sell to the fair weather fan that USF football is a solid product, you will continue to see similarly sized crowds unless there is a big name school coming (i.e. this weekend).

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

1 minute ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Your argument about the students not showing up this year is completely irrelevant this year, the students have shown up all season. Additionally, the chance of their being more students showing up to a Thursday or Friday night game rather than a game on Saturday, regardless of time, is comical. Everyone knows that College Football is meant to be one Saturdays, the only reason why there are games on any other day is solely due to $$ for broadcasting companies. The issue with the attendance is not the student, but in fact the regular Joe. Regardless of actual/and announced, the student section makes up a solid portion of whichever number you want to use. Until USF can sell to the fair weather fan that USF football is a solid product, you will continue to see similarly sized crowds unless there is a big name school coming (i.e. this weekend).

I wasn't just referring to the students...that's why I threw the Publix sub sale in there...:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Glass houses, bro. I can ask the same about ours. :popcorn:

True except for the ESPN Talking heads being the ones saying that USF has no support because it's all FSU and UF in Tampa. That's why I chimed in.