• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you feel about this football team & season?

Guest PCBull14
22 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I'm trying to figure out where we're young and untested outside one offensive Tackle position and at DE.   Coaches don't care about "predicited"... USF didn't sneak up anybody.  I mean the team has improved every season and it seems it's always our fans that are last to take notice.  The defense returns more experience than we've had in a really long time.  Talent too.  These guys aren't young... many have been starting for a couple of years now.  Most are certainly battle tested.  Taggarts first class are the seniors now primarily.  The juniors down are his.  Like I said... this team in not inexperienced by any stretch of the imagination.  People game planned for us last season, will do it again this season but there are more wrinkles Taggart added also... he mentioned it when he got back from Baylor earlier in the summer.  This offense hard to stop because of the talent and athleticism, accompanied with discipline.  If anything, this team is disciplined which is what CJL never got the team to be.  Taggart is driving this bus... it's time we started trusting the guy and this team. 

It's not worth it. You'll talk until your face is blue with facts, and you'll get no where. I've given on up on threads like this lol. This fan base is afraid of expectations because of things that happened two coaches ago! 

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I've been a Bulls fan long enough to know that the craziest things can happen with our program. My two biggest concerns are the offensive line, and having to break-in Coach Woodie as a first time defensive coordinator. Woodie and Allen have different personalities, so I'm not sure whether last year's aggressiveness on defense will continue under Woodie.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm cautiously optimistic.   Everything points to this team taking the next step and seriously competing for a conference title but we are still unproven and untested at some key positions (OL DE).  I think we have the potential to be special this year if everything goes the way we need it to internally.  I think we go 10-4 with a bowl win and a loss in the conference title game.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

At what point do you book your travel plans for 12/03/2016, or will that be a home game?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

I think the bowl game was an anomaly.  Don't forget it was their third BG in a row and our first for many years.  I think experience in those games plays a big part.

As for my expectations:

What I saw last year is a team that figured out how good it was.  They are not predictable, they threw a lot on first down and mixed things up nicely.  They applied up tempo pressure when things were going their way and it was very effective.

I think Coach TA was a middling defensive coordinator from an X's and O's perspective.  He was high energy and I like that but no defensive guru.  That being said, defense is the area of concern.  Under CJL we always had stout defenses because that was his baby but under CWT the offense is his area of expertise.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

10 wins.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

If there was a time to win the conference, this is the time to do it.

Even if we lost to FSU and Syracuse.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

20 hours ago, Calibull said:

I'm trying to figure out where we're young and untested outside one offensive Tackle position and at DE.

I'd refer you to this thread: 

My comment was based on a perusal of the media guide a week or two ago and the number of guys we'd be counting on this season that were coming off redshirts, or were underclassmen. 

Some quotes from the thread that I would align with are:

5 hours ago, feardabull said:

Only four senior starters.  

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

"Eight of 11 offensive starters and 10 of 11 defensive starters are juniors or younger, with just four seniors listed as starters entering the opening week."

As for this:

20 hours ago, Calibull said:

it's time we started trusting the guy and this team. 

The opinion I offered had nothing to do with trusting CWT or the team.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I'd refer you to this thread: 

My comment was based on a perusal of the media guide a week or two ago and the number of guys we'd be counting on this season that were coming off redshirts, or were underclassmen. 

Some quotes from the thread that I would align with are:

As for this:

The opinion I offered had nothing to do with trusting CWT or the team.

Just because you don't start doesn't mean you don't have experience.  D'Ernest Johnson doesn't start... Last season Hall didn't start and neither did Ruff.  They both played meaningful minutes and in 8 or more games.  Hall subbed for Thor quite a bit last season actually.  Seniors don't mean experience.  Many of these guys have played since they were freshman on this team.  Most of our starters played in games last season.  With the exception of RT and the DEs.  The four DTs played... Oline... 4 of the starting five have 8 or more games actually played with Kofi and Threat returning.  The only guy that didn't is Norman.  So it really is not that in-experienced at all.  It's far more experienced than last season.  

Edited by Calibull