• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart 2 Deep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

This is why I don't trust much of what you say. Their corner Brandon Wilson may be just as good, if not better than William Jackson, They lost their game vs UConn because Greg Ward was out, nothing more, and they still have a fantastic bunch of WRs, very comparable to our depth at WR. RB Duke Catalon is a pretty good looking back. He's no Marlon Mack, but still good. And as for FSU not being interested in the bowl game? Yeah, that's what it was. A bunch of NFL hopefuls are just mailing it in on the biggest stage of the year, where scouts are going to be really looking. Come up with a better excuse next time.

And sorry PCBull, that reply was kind of directed at everybody, not just you lol

Yup, believe it or not teams don't always show up in bowl games even teams loaded with NFL hopefuls. I could tell right away that Houston was winning that game as FSU was completely flat coming out in that game. Also, multiple years of game tape >>>>> one bowl game for evaluation. FSU didn't want to be there it was pretty obvious IMO. Also why does Houston get a pass for Greg Ward being out but no such quarter is given to FSU in the bowl game? Houston is a very good team but that FSU game was hardly what you're making it out to be. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, believe it or not teams don't always show up in bowl games even teams loaded with NFL hopefuls. I could tell right away that Houston was winning that game as FSU was completely flat coming out in that game. Also, multiple years of game tape >>>>> one bowl game for evaluation. FSU didn't want to be there it was pretty obvious IMO. Also why does Houston get a pass for Greg Ward being out but no such quarter is given to FSU in the bowl game? Houston is a very good team but that FSU game was hardly what you're making it out to be. 

Good point, but FSU has always been centered around Dalvin cook, and the dude had 33 yards on 18 carries. That is 1.8 ypc. Houston's offense is centered around Greg Ward throwing or running the ball himself. And you could tell that Houston was going to win right away because they were a better team. I doubt that many other teams would have went in there and beat FSU. Look, I'm not saying Houston is a juggernaught. I am simply saying they are better than us at this point in time. We really have no basis to say otherwise.

1 minute ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Good point, but FSU has always been centered around Dalvin cook, and the dude had 33 yards on 18 carries. That is 1.8 ypc. Houston's offense is centered around Greg Ward throwing or running the ball himself. And you could tell that Houston was going to win right away because they were a better team. I doubt that many other teams would have went in there and beat FSU. Look, I'm not saying Houston is a juggernaught. I am simply saying they are better than us at this point in time. We really have no basis to say otherwise.

Energy =/= Talent. I know exactly what I saw and that was one team was playing it's super bowl and the other was completely uninterested. 

Guest PCBull14
53 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

This is why I don't trust much of what you say. Their corner Brandon Wilson may be just as good, if not better than William Jackson, who just happens to be a first round pick. They lost their game vs UConn because Greg Ward was out, nothing more. And they still have a fantastic bunch of WRs, very comparable to our depth at WR. RB Duke Catalon is a pretty good looking back. He's no Marlon Mack, but still good. And as for FSU not being interested in the bowl game? Yeah, that's what it was. A bunch of NFL hopefuls are just mailing it in on the biggest stage of the year, where scouts are going to be really looking. Come up with a better excuse next time.

And sorry PCBull, that reply was kind of directed at everybody, not just you lol

I think we all agree the UConn loss was a wash. Though even with Greg Ward I think that game is still close.

Seen many teams mail in the bowl game time and time again. Houtson caught fire in the bottle for one game against FSU. Play it again and its a completely different story.

I didn't say they didn't have talent, I said the secondary will be young. No sugar coating that topic my friend. Going just off starts alone they are one of the youngest in the AAC. Do I think that causes them to lose six games? No, but facts are facts.

Please let the season start. I'm so tired of playing arm chair coach with everyone lol.

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Houtson caught fire in the bottle for one game against FSU. Play it again and its a completely different story.

I'm confused. You guys are bouncing back and forth between Houston getting lucky as the reason they won and FSU mailing it in as the other. If either is true, you realize you're making the case for us to get shredded this year? Green and gold aside, there is no way you can make the argument we are a better team this year than Houston was last year (we might be, we might not, no way to know just yet but we certainly don't have a noticeable gap in talent on paper). Given that, if you think Houston had no business beating FSU and the only reason they won is because FSU didn't care or they got lucky, you're saying that's our only chance this year. I think we can rule out FSU mailing it in, so that means our only chance is complete luck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Ionbull said:

If a hungry team plays hard they can beat anyone, anywhere. 

You've seen too many Disney sports movies. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm confused. You guys are bouncing back and forth between Houston getting lucky as the reason they won and FSU mailing it in as the other. If either is true, you realize you're making the case for us to get shredded this year? Green and gold aside, there is no way you can make the argument we are a better team this year than Houston was last year (we might be, we might not, no way to know just yet but we certainly don't have a noticeable gap in talent on paper). Given that, if you think Houston had no business beating FSU and the only reason they won is because FSU didn't care or they got lucky, you're saying that's our only chance this year. I think we can rule out FSU mailing it in, so that means our only chance is complete luck.

No bouncing here. FSU came out unmotivated and was down to their 3rd string QB by the end of the game.  Houston came out and played like it was the biggest game of their season and FSU just sort of went through the motions.

As for our game it will take a bit of luck to beat them. They're more talented top to bottom and it's early in the season so motivation shouldn't be an issue for FSU.  We've got a ton of talent on our team but I'm not delusional and think we match FSU in that aspect (especially on depth).  We're going to have to execute at a high level for 4 quarters and hope we catch some breaks along the way.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

So, back to the original post, we don't run a 4-3 on defense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Just checking to make sure you know this latest part of the conversation is based on someone saying that Houston will romp us if we both get to the AACCG, not our FSU game.