• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart 2 Deep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Hey guys and gals, 

As we approach Towson, what changes do you see/hope to be made from the Post-Spring Depth Chart? I know we have all built a lot of faith in Taggart and his ability to put the best 22 guys on the field, was just wondering if there was anyone not listed as starters or maybe even in the 2 deep that you expected to start off this season? 

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/south-florida/91855

For me, I really expected to see Stanley Clerveaux to play a big role as the 3rd WR when they move Adams inside, especially with Legree going down. I know he has battled injuries much of his college career so that could definently be playing a role. We have some serious talent up and down this depth chart which is great to see. 

Go bulls! 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,015
  • Days Won:  469

I agree on Clerveaux, listed at 6'3", Adams and 6'1" and Valdes-Scantling at 6'5", those are some big targets for Winky.  Barr will also see the field.

Clerveaux looked good in some of the spring cell phone videos. 

A lot of weapons on offense, the greatest depth ever at QB....

Not sure what to say about the defense.  A lot of talk of weakness at DE.  Need to be consistent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

I know Rodney Adams is explosive as a kick returner, but it's easy to get nicked up returning kicks.  When he got hurt at receiver position in bowl game( which I believe was intentional cheap shot to slow him down) we seemed to lose our momentum. I hope we can work in a 2 nd string receiver in that position a little more in games we are expected to win big in and let Rodney excel as wide receiver. In the big games leave Rodney back there and roll the dice with him. 

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Bullinchinashop said:

I know Rodney Adams is explosive as a kick returner, but it's easy to get nicked up returning kicks.  When he got hurt at receiver position in bowl game( which I believe was intentional cheap shot to slow him down) we seemed to lose our momentum. I hope we can work in a 2 nd string receiver in that position a little more in games we are expected to win big in and let Rodney excel as wide receiver. In the big games leave Rodney back there and roll the dice with him. 

I agree with that for sure. I think we definitely have the athletes to make that happen without a huge loss in production.  Would be nice to see McCants, Johnson, or Barr get some work back there against Towson. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Barr is explosive.  I expect to see much more productivity out of him this year (only a sophomore).  

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Agree with Barr.  I think he's going to have a breakout season.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I always liked D'Ernest Johnson returning kicks. He may not be as explosive, but he always seems to be mr. reliable for us (not fumbling) and always falls forward. So I very much agree with what you guys are saying about Adams only getting kick return duty in big games. The assessment on the RBs is good. I root for Tice, but as a player, he isn't as naturally talented as the other two.

OL- I am still pleasantly surprised that Glen Bethel isn't taking the RT spot over Atterbury, or the LG over Ruff, as he was a very highly touted G from junior college. I know recruiting rankings aren't everything, but when you are highly touted out of JC, that usually means you are proven to be good at the collegiate level, and our other guys are just proving to be even better. So I will take this as a plus that we have some serious depth, rather than Bethel not putting out.

DL- I could be very pleased with any combo of Senat, Bronson, Awoleke, and Hector starting. Getting Awoleke back was so big for us this year. I am not as excited about the DE's. That is my pick for our weakest spot this year, but hopefully Tramal Ivy will get here soon, and the unit as a whole will prove me wrong.

CB- All I need to say about the depth here is when Johnny Ward is 5th on the depth chart, you KNOW you're good. I would be A-ok with him starting if we didn't have so much talent elsewhere.

S- Again, Devin Abraham is a proven safety, and is a backup while a redshirt freshman is playing even better in Jaymon Thomas? This excites me, knowing we have so much depth.

• Upvote 4

• Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Oh, and for being such a highly ranked recruit, and still showing up on the roster, but never being on the depth chart? Jimmy Bayes. Where is that guy?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

+1

I'm one to believe that D'Ernest Johnson and Antione will be back there for Kickoffs... I think Fullwood will field punts initially but I think you could see a Reed or Antione back there too.  I'm probably mostly looking forward to the interior of the offensive line.  With Hall, Ruff, and Threatt being inside.  I think they have actually gotten better there.  

I'm looking forward to seeing Awoleke, Hector, Senat, Bronson, and Gonzalez inside.  I'm just excited to see us field what I believe to be the most talented team in the conference.  Nothing against Houston but I don't even think they're as deep with talent as us across the boards.  This should shape up to be something special.  I love Taggart's and the staff's energy and the way the players are responding.  This is a veteran group that's been war tested.  This team in ready... so am I! 

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I always liked D'Ernest Johnson returning kicks. He may not be as explosive, but he always seems to be mr. reliable for us (not fumbling) and always falls forward. So I very much agree with what you guys are saying about Adams only getting kick return duty in big games. The assessment on the RBs is good. I root for Tice, but as a player, he isn't as naturally talented as the other two.

OL- I am still pleasantly surprised that Glen Bethel isn't taking the RT spot over Atterbury, or the LG over Ruff, as he was a very highly touted G from junior college. I know recruiting rankings aren't everything, but when you are highly touted out of JC, that usually means you are proven to be good at the collegiate level, and our other guys are just proving to be even better. So I will take this as a plus that we have some serious depth, rather than Bethel not putting out.

DL- I could be very pleased with any combo of Senat, Bronson, Awoleke, and Hector starting. Getting Awoleke back was so big for us this year. I am not as excited about the DE's. That is my pick for our weakest spot this year, but hopefully Tramal Ivy will get here soon, and the unit as a whole will prove me wrong.

CB- All I need to say about the depth here is when Johnny Ward is 5th on the depth chart, you KNOW you're good. I would be A-ok with him starting if we didn't have so much talent elsewhere.

S- Again, Devin Abraham is a proven safety, and is a backup while a redshirt freshman is playing even better in Jaymon Thomas? This excites me, knowing we have so much depth.

Ruff is now the starting Center.  They announced he moved back when practice started.  Joey noted in an article and there is a video on gousfbulls where he mentions it.  Also Joey did a new projected line with the 1's in it...   So the Oline is actually Kofi, Hall, Ruff, Threatt, Atterbury.   That's where they average 316 weight comes from. 

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 2