• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart 2 Deep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

No bouncing here. FSU came out unmotivated and was down to their 3rd string QB by the end of the game.  Houston came out and played like it was the biggest game of their season and FSU just sort of went through the motions.

As for our game it will take a bit of luck to beat them. They're more talented top to bottom and it's early in the season so motivation shouldn't be an issue for FSU.  We've got a ton of talent on our team but I'm not delusional and think we match FSU in that aspect (especially on depth).  We're going to have to execute at a high level for 4 quarters and hope we catch some breaks along the way.... 

You insist that FSU was unmotivated for the Peach Bowl... I cannot comprehend what in the world makes you believe this and you have zero backing on this belief. It was probably the biggest game of these kids lives. Houston flat out whooped them. Accept it dude. Yes FSU was having QB issues, I'll give you that. What I am not giving you is the fact that their offense has ALWAYS been based on the run and they had no line injuries and Cook could not get a single run over 4 yards besides one lone 8 yarder. The Houston line pushed them around. FSU isn't a team full of football gods man, get off their balls

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

You insist that FSU was unmotivated for the Peach Bowl... I cannot comprehend what in the world makes you believe this and you have zero backing on this belief. It was probably the biggest game of these kids lives. Houston flat out whooped them. Accept it dude. Yes FSU was having QB issues, I'll give you that. What I am not giving you is the fact that their offense has ALWAYS been based on the run and they had no line injuries and Cook could not get a single run over 4 yards besides one lone 8 yarder. The Houston line pushed them around. FSU isn't a team full of football gods man, get off their balls

The biggest game for a team fresh off a national title and playoff appearance? Last season was definitely a disappointment for most of the kids on that roster..... I mean unless you want to say playing the AAC champ in a non playoff game is as big as a semi final or national title game.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The biggest game for a team fresh off a national title and playoff appearance? Last season was definitely a disappointment for most of the kids on that roster..... I mean unless you want to say playing the AAC champ in a non playoff game is as big as a semi final or national title game.... 

Sorry, SECOND* biggest game of their lives

I'm also basing this off of watching a ton of FSU football last season. Many of my good friends are FSU alums so I usually end up watching FSU and USF most Saturdays when the games don't conflict. The energy level I saw in that game did not match what I saw in previous games, let alone big games last season 

4 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Sorry, SECOND* biggest game of their lives

The big games in season when they were still trying to compete for a conference title were probably bigger too. Seeing as a chance at the playoffs were still on the line.... Also it's at best the 6th biggest  considering the majority of the roster had played 2 playoff games and a national title game. Then also conference title games with playoffs on the line. Not to mention that little rivalry against that team in Gainesville. 

Basically most of these kids probably aren't that Jazzed about playing a G-5 team in a bowl... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

You probably think that the Carolina Panthers mailed the Super Bowl in too don't you? They looked completely flat vs the Broncos, and you could say they looked disinterested. Cam Newton was quiet, frustrated, and really was not himself at all. But its probably because they got beat by a better team. Its hard to get energy when the first play you're getting stuffed in the backfield for a 3 yard loss and it keeps happening

Just now, NavyUSFGuy said:

You probably think that the Carolina Panthers mailed the Super Bowl in too don't you? They looked completely flat vs the Broncos, and you could say they looked disinterested. Cam Newton was quiet, frustrated, and really was not himself at all. But its probably because they got beat by a better team. Its hard to get energy when the first play you're getting stuffed in the backfield for a 3 yard loss and it keeps happening

Not even comparable.... A bowl game where nothing is on the line vs the biggest football game on the planet and the Panthers were clearly fired up for that game. Bit strawman away, bud. If I wanted to I could probably find 9 games that meant more to most of the kids on that roster since they've been to FSU than a exhibition with nothing on the line vs a g-5 team. 

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The big games in season when they were still trying to compete for a conference title were probably bigger too. Seeing as a chance at the playoffs were still on the line.... Also it's at best the 6th biggest  considering the majority of the roster had played 2 playoff games and a national title game. Then also conference title games with playoffs on the line. Not to mention that little rivalry against that team in Gainesville. 

Basically most of these kids probably aren't that Jazzed about playing a G-5 team in a bowl... 

So the 6th biggest game out of an average of 30 something ish games that most players have played in is low? That is still a big game by my count... Maybe you should just admit Houston was a better team lol FSU was very one dimensional last year, and Houston was outstanding vs the run, having 2 of the best linebackers in the country. It was no flike 

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

Not even comparable.... A bowl game where nothing is on the line vs the biggest football game on the planet and the Panthers were clearly fired up for that game. Bit strawman away, bud. If I wanted to I could probably find 9 games that meant more to most of the kids on that roster since they've been to FSU than a exhibition with nothing on the line vs a g-5 team. 

No you couldn't.

7 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

No you couldn't.

Games that would've been bigger 

2014 National Title game 

2014 Playoff semifinal 

2015 Semifinal

ACC Title game during the title run 

ACC title game during the playoff run 

UF game during the title run 

Clemson game during the title run (this was huuugely hyped nationally) 

Clemson game during the semi run another hugely hyped game 

UF during the semifinals {again biggest rival with a playoff spot on the line) 

You're welcome..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer