• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Situation Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's the same thing that's always been the knock on him, an inability to grasp the X's & O's of playing QB. You can have all the physical tools in the world but if you don't know where to go with the football and are slow in your decision making you're not going to be very successful. 

Part of me thinks he had the mentality that "I'll just go back to USF where I'll get to start." I could be wrong, but ever since QF secured his job he's been very quiet. He used to be all about USF on Twitter. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Part of me thinks he had the mentality that "I'll just go back to USF where I'll get to start." I could be wrong, but ever since QF secured his job he's been very quiet. He used to be all about USF on Twitter. 

Maybe time to look at another position? He is a solid athlete..

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bulls1181 said:

Maybe time to look at another position? He is a solid athlete..

I fully agree. And also use him in some kind of package deal from time to time. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, gullibull said:

Ok Hate to be the Debbie downer but I'm still not sold on QFs arm. Hope I'm wrong but I'm a little skeered !!

Just chatting with my son about potential weak links in what are being referred to as the big three: Flowers, Mack, Adams.  Obviously much rides on Winky's abilities. I think he's the most likely of the three not to meet the heightened expectations.  My son thinks QF will be solid.  All of this preseason hype rides on his ability to deliver.  I'm not that confident yet.

Happy to hear he's mastered the playbook and all.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

My mind is blown as to how AW is so far back on the QB chart. Kean definitely seems deserving of the two spot, but now it even seems like Chris Oladokun is passing up AW now. If you would have told me this a year ago I would have laughed it off

Don't be so surprised, Oladokun is special. I've been steadfast in my belief since he committed that he will take over as QB1 when flowers is gone. With a RS this year he will have 3 years as a starter and depending on the next 2 years I think he had a realistic shot at being the best QB ever at USF. That's obviously a long way out and a lot can change between now and then but don't be surprised if it happens.

I even predicted he's pass AW in the predictions thread before camp we had on here.

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I think the point was consistency, not his ability to occasionally heave it downfield.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

That play really exemplifies how ******* awesome QF is. 

He could have run for at least 10 yards and had one guy to beat for aTD but he kept looking down field and kept the play alive.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

That play really exemplifies how ******* awesome QF is. 

He could have run for at least 10 yards and had one guy to beat for aTD but he kept looking down field and kept the play alive.   

He's a beast. And this throw was also across his body. I'm so freaking excited for this season. 

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This season is boom or bust, baby!!

• Upvote 2