• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Situation Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/22/2016 at 10:33 AM, Calibull said:

Quinton Flowers showed one thing last season that I think was really important.  He displayed poise and competitiveness we hadn't seen from a QB in a long time.  He puts it on the line... but I'd like him to not do any more helicopter touchdowns... I really think that caused us the Navy game.  But he seems to be maturing nicely.  I'm excited for this season... but jeeze louise... imagine next season.  We could be about to make one of the best runs in school history!

Caused should be cost. Come on people agghhhhh!!!!!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

AW may end up being a TE or WR before his playing days are over.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

On August 21, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Calibull said:

We're good.  Coach King is polishing up Flowers in terms of passing decisions and situations.  If he's reading defenses effectively, with his skill-set this could be something special.  I think CSK was one of our biggest gets coaching wise.  I'm just here ready for the season to start.  It's been a long time since this much excitement around a Bulls team.  It feels good... real good.  

CSK seems to be a great addition to the staff both coaching and on the recruiting front, but **** he needs to mix in a salad every now and then.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

9 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

CSK seems to be a great addition to the staff both coaching and on the recruiting front, but **** he needs to mix in a salad every now and then.

No telling what all he's been through. Life can do some really screwed up things to a man, but at least obesity is fixable.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

AW may end up being a TE or WR before his playing days are over.

Failure to develop QB talent again for USF 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Some of that needs to come from the individual.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

No telling what all he's been through. Life can do some really screwed up things to a man, but at least obesity is fixable.

Mass is neither created or destroyed, he's taking one for the team, so the rest of us can stay thin 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Actually, I suspect the opposite may be true.  These next statements may come as a shock to some.

It does appear, at least anecdotally, that USF has done a better job at creating depth at the position than at any other time in team history.  We don't really know how the three backup QBs will perform unless and until they get on the field.  But in this case it could be more that Kean and maybe even the freshman have simply surpassed them.  By all accounts, AW hasn't been terrible, just inconsistent.  In fact, he still seems to be the best pure passer of the bunch based on the reporting we have gotten.  AW probably would have been better than any option we had two years ago, including Flowers as a freshman. 

A number 3 RB still gets on the field and can show what he can do.  A #3 QB never does, that doesn't mean is a washout.  Just means we have better options at the moment.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He got a hardship waiver so he still has an opportunity to compete post Flowers if I remember correctly. He was always going to be a kid that needed time to actually learn how to play the QB position but that Elite 11 win made people think he was something he wasn't, ready to play at the college level.  The kid has great physical tools and if that light bulb ever goes off he could be scary good. But now you have to wonder will it ever go off.... 

Now don't let it sound I'm selling Kean short here either. From what I've read and saw he's got alot of Grothe in him. He's just a natural QB and competitive as all get out. Some people here thought it was hilarious to suggest he'd beat Woulard out for the #2 spot but here we are. It just goes to show you how important the mental side of the game is for QB's. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1