• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay and Orlando sport talk radio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I love that guys like J.P. Peterson (who gets fired from TV) goes on radio ridiculing a typo but will defend FSU when they cover up a sexual assault. As much as I hope USF fans get better at promoting the school I hope we never get so blind as to do that. Or this:

http://deadspin.com/florida-hired-football-booster-to-oversee-hearing-for-p-1784877378

Edited by ToroDeFuego

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I finally had enough this morning. I was driving in listening to 620 WDAE and Ronnie and T-Cras. They started talking about the USF "typo" and how it shows how unprepared USF is for the Big 12 and is indicative of why they aren't considered a front runner for Big 12 expansion. I was able to get through and immediately held them and Joey Knight to task. I got a little harsh and called Fennely and Knight clowns (but it felt so good to do so) and I called out Joey Knight for choosing to tweet the photo of the DRAFT version of the document rather than the finished product. I also called him out for not touting all of the positives that USF listed in their Big 12 package and instead finding the one negative that he could harp on. I think I caught the hosts completely by surprise that they were pretty much speechless. I concluded by asking them to ask Joey Knight about his choice to post the draft rather than the final version. After they hung up they said that I should take that up with Knight and the TBT myself....that would work out really well. We have all seen what a smug, defensive ass Knight can be on Twitter. 

It did lead me to the conclusion that we have a duty as USF fans to help drive and steer (see what I did there) the conversation on local talk media. If we call in and keep it positive about USF it will force the hosts to talk about it more and become more educated. 

Heard the call this morning!  Way to go Bully!  

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I finally had enough this morning. I was driving in listening to 620 WDAE and Ronnie and T-Cras. They started talking about the USF "typo" and how it shows how unprepared USF is for the Big 12 and is indicative of why they aren't considered a front runner for Big 12 expansion. I was able to get through and immediately held them and Joey Knight to task. I got a little harsh and called Fennely and Knight clowns (but it felt so good to do so) and I called out Joey Knight for choosing to tweet the photo of the DRAFT version of the document rather than the finished product. I also called him out for not touting all of the positives that USF listed in their Big 12 package and instead finding the one negative that he could harp on. I think I caught the hosts completely by surprise that they were pretty much speechless. I concluded by asking them to ask Joey Knight about his choice to post the draft rather than the final version. After they hung up they said that I should take that up with Knight and the TBT myself....that would work out really well. We have all seen what a smug, defensive ass Knight can be on Twitter. 

It did lead me to the conclusion that we have a duty as USF fans to help drive and steer (see what I did there) the conversation on local talk media. If we call in and keep it positive about USF it will force the hosts to talk about it more and become more educated. 

:GoBulls::GoBulls::GoBulls::thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Nice job, man.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

So, to be fair to Joey Knight, I think he posted the draft without reading it.  Then as soon as USF caught wind, they sent over the corrected version to him which had likely already been corrected.  It is my understanding the draft was from a few days ago, but it takes a bit for the FOI to get through the process and sent back.  USF realizing the bad press sent him the corrected version without an FOI request since the cat was already out of the bag.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

This, my good man, many times this. Absent that 2007 season, we've have a generally apathetic fan base that the local media would give two turds about. If we had more of you, I think the local media's approach to USF would be much different.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, JoeB said:

UCF is the only game in town in Orlando, aside from the Magic.  I imagine this plays into it.  I doubt the stations over there were kind to them during the winless season last year. 

This is it in a nutshell. It's a small time sports town and their writers are are Jonesing for big time, local stuff to write about. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Heard the call this morning!  Way to go Bully!  

Thanks to both of you.  620 and the times are the reasons

a.I stopped listening to them altogether

b. I stopped my paper subscription.

c. Tampa doesn't think it needs USF

I too have called and vented my frustrations last football season. Tom Jones is a bag.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

Okay its official, Fennely is foe.  Cancel your subscriptions to his paper. He put a full-out blast up for USF. But before I go any further, did USF send a corrected final or is this a real typo-on a final? either way he has gone out of his way to kick us in the teeth and the only way to stop it is to stop buying their ****** paper. BTW he loves to frequent the Beef's in Lutz in case any of you want to "talk" to him.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

There is no point talking to them. They are pompous and arrogant and they are able to say and do pretty much whatever they want without impunity. True journalism is dead. The new-age TMZ style of "journalism" is the way of the world from this point forth.

Knight knew what he was doing and his intentions were clear. Fennelly is a clown. Tampa sports media is a joke. 

• Upvote 2