• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay and Orlando sport talk radio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

We should start a petition to get Greg back writing for USF and send Fennely and Joey to write for the Bucs

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

Okay its official, Fennely is foe.  Cancel your subscriptions to his paper. He put a full-out blast up for USF. But before I go any further, did USF send a corrected final or is this a real typo-on a final? either way he has gone out of his way to kick us in the teeth and the only way to stop it is to stop buying their ****** paper. BTW he loves to frequent the Beef's in Lutz in case any of you want to "talk" to him.

Did you just pull a Trump?

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

We should start a petition to get Greg back writing for USF and send Fennely and Joey to write for the Bucs

Greg's pulling shenanigans, too .... Should have kept the other Joey, Johnston.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

19 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Did you just pull a Trump?

I would say he plaid a "Trump Card".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, JoeB said:

UCF is the only game in town in Orlando, aside from the Magic.  I imagine this plays into it.  I doubt the stations over there were kind to them during the winless season last year. 

I'm from the Tampa Bay area. And when I moved to Orlando in the late 90's. You wouldn't know it that there teams were minor league. Co workers would prepare for a minor league hockey game like it was the Lightning. Radio stations would have ticket give aways. I wasn't use to that. Right now there soccer team is a real big deal now. :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

The soccer team is  areal big deal right not because they have set the standard for community interaction, support and availability to the press and fans.

My two sons have not played soccer since they were 7 or so, and Orlando City has sucked them in to the sport like magnets. They both live in downtown Orlando. Game day in Orlando is a sea of Purple, and the city supports Orlando City because they are very easy to support, at least that is my opinion.

Edited by footnfan1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

The soccer team is  areal big deal right not because they have set the standard for community interaction, support and availability to the press and fans.

My two sons have not played soccer since they were 7 or so, and Orlando City has sucked them in to the sport like magnets. They both live in downtown Orlando. Game day in Orlando is a sea of Purple, and the city supports Orlando City because they are very easy to support, at least that is my opinion.

It's a real big deal in Orlando, which is cool, but it's not big time sports in the way we're talking about the only game in town being the Magic...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

There is no point talking to them. They are pompous and arrogant and they are able to say and do pretty much whatever they want without impunity. True journalism is dead. The new-age TMZ style of "journalism" is the way of the world from this point forth.

Knight knew what he was doing and his intentions were clear. Fennelly is a clown. Tampa sports media is a joke. 

Modern "journalism" operates on attention at all costs regardless of ethics, merit or factuality. The best way to deal with them is to forget they exist. Block them on social media, block their websites, and stop purchasing their paper -- they'll be gone in a year.

They literally feed on evoking your emotions.

Block Websites on Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

Block Websites on Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/leechblock/

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I finally had enough this morning. I was driving in listening to 620 WDAE and Ronnie and T-Cras. They started talking about the USF "typo" and how it shows how unprepared USF is for the Big 12 and is indicative of why they aren't considered a front runner for Big 12 expansion. I was able to get through and immediately held them and Joey Knight to task. I got a little harsh and called Fennely and Knight clowns (but it felt so good to do so) and I called out Joey Knight for choosing to tweet the photo of the DRAFT version of the document rather than the finished product. I also called him out for not touting all of the positives that USF listed in their Big 12 package and instead finding the one negative that he could harp on. I think I caught the hosts completely by surprise that they were pretty much speechless. I concluded by asking them to ask Joey Knight about his choice to post the draft rather than the final version. After they hung up they said that I should take that up with Knight and the TBT myself....that would work out really well. We have all seen what a smug, defensive ass Knight can be on Twitter. 

It did lead me to the conclusion that we have a duty as USF fans to help drive and steer (see what I did there) the conversation on local talk media. If we call in and keep it positive about USF it will force the hosts to talk about it more and become more educated. 

Heard it, you represented us well! Awesome job and thanks.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Great job BullyPulpit!!! Ive chosen the other route of just not supporting them, their paper, their social media, etc until they are replaced...i also shot an email to their editor(not that it will do any good)....