• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have lost a friend, member and Bulls Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nicely said...I wish I would have know him. Sounded like a great person to know. 

USF sometimes get knocked for being a commuter college or non-traditional, but Mark (and many friends of mine) did not go to college straight out of high school.  He's a great example of a mature student starting later in life, and tearing it up from there.

It just reminds me more & more about the cool folks I've met thru these blogs, including you at the Navy game last year.  

And I echo what Sheriff said:  Thanks for serving this great country, Mark.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, JupiterBull said:

I'm 50, and this hit me hard.  I'll be getting my first cancer screen in a few weeks with this wake up call, and encourage you all to take preventative measures, as early detection saves lives.

This! If you're younger than 50 you should also request that general practice doc also run a Prostate Specific Antigen test every two years or so. If your insurance covers yearly PSA's, then even better.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Sorry to hear about his passing.  Prayers to his family...RIP.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Wow... 55 is way too young. I lost my mother to cancer a few years ago and that disease sucks. RIP my friend.  I just hate this disease.  I hate it so much.  My thoughts and condolences are with his family.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be throwing up Bulls sign in heaven with with my man Stevie O'neal.  Once again, RIP my brother.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Tragic. A Bull, a regular member of the board, and so young, it's just horrible.

We both graduated in 1993; we were probably on campus at about the same time...

Hey, this next season, we need somebody each week to make a post or a reply like he would have said it! ---He kept it real. And we need to keep it real for him and us.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Sorry to hear this. He is in our thoughts.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

We had some good banter and tended to have some fun showdowns...I mentioned I was in CO atm (from the obit literally 10 mins away from some of his family) he had some great stories to tell about the mountains and climbing, being from the area...my wife lost her father at 55 and its much to young...sending your family some positive vibes...RIP

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

23 hours ago, Calibull said:

Wow... 55 is way too young. I lost my mother to cancer a few years ago and that disease sucks. RIP my friend.  I just hate this disease.  I hate it so much.  My thoughts and condolences are with his family.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be throwing up Bulls sign in heaven with with my man Stevie O'neal.  Once again, RIP my brother.  

I actually introduced those 2 at a tail gate.  Mark & Steve got heated a bit on the blog, and Mark told Steve if he game over to his tent, he's pop him in the mouth.  I walked Steve over, just to bury the hatchet, and in 2 seconds they were joking & clinking beers.  Miss those 2 dudes.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I actually introduced those 2 at a tail gate.  Mark & Steve got heated a bit on the blog, and Mark told Steve if he game over to his tent, he's pop him in the mouth.  I walked Steve over, just to bury the hatchet, and in 2 seconds they were joking & clinking beers.  Miss those 2 dudes.

That's a great story. Goes to show you that the comraderie here can be second to none.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Ionbull said:

That's a great story. Goes to show you that the comraderie here can be second to none.

Also goes to show the "conflict" here really ain't real. It's just the interwebz.

• Upvote 1