• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have lost a friend, member and Bulls Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

15 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I actually introduced those 2 at a tail gate.  Mark & Steve got heated a bit on the blog, and Mark told Steve if he game over to his tent, he's pop him in the mouth.  I walked Steve over, just to bury the hatchet, and in 2 seconds they were joking & clinking beers.  Miss those 2 dudes.

That's a cool story.  Stevie was actually the only person from Greg's blog I'd ever met.  He was a great guy. I went to one of his tailgates, which seem legendary today.  I really really miss that guy.  I even miss Turd through all our combative nonsense.  I didn't appreciate him until he was gone.  Those were some interesting times.  Turd killed me over my name... the JD was literally my initials and he thought it was presumptive as I hadn't graduated law school yet.  Memory lane :iconic_u_black:

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

15 minutes ago, Calibull said:

That's a cool story.  Stevie was actually the only person from Greg's blog I'd ever met.  He was a great guy. I went to one of his tailgates, which seem legendary today.  I really really miss that guy.  I even miss Turd through all our combative nonsense.  I didn't appreciate him until he was gone.  Those were some interesting times.  Turd killed me over my name... the JD was literally my initials and he thought it was presumptive as I hadn't graduated law school yet.  Memory lane :iconic_u_black:

I know Steve passed away, do you know where the infamous Turd Ferguson posts now? That cat was brutal, but funny.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

Now I know you!  Yeah, I recall those days.  I always viewed you as an ambitious, die hard fan.  If I recall, you live or lived in SoCal.  Good times.

When my wife & I met Steve, he was not was I expected.  I expected a heavy/burly biker dude, with tats everywhere.  But he was a wiry guy, with an awesome Bulls tattoo on his shoulder...which my wife promptly told me I couldn't have.  He was crass & a bit over the top, but I was impressed that as a non-USF grad, he was more loyal than most alums.  Met him before several games,and sat with him & his family a few times.  He was never dull, and I still recall driving to the solar plant I was working on (Blythe, CA) and getting the horrible call.  I was stunned, and I still miss that guy.

Coolman created a new blog, and he's on it occasionally.  It's fairly quiet now, but worth a visit during the season.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I know Steve passed away, do you know where the infamous Turd Ferguson posts now? That cat was brutal, but funny.

Coolman opened up a blog shortly after Auman left, and the Joey Knight blog became "pay to play".  Turd has hung around most of the time, and is a regular during football season.  We cyber met him...he's actually a pretty good guy, and big fan (and obviously, a bit sarcastic and brash for some to suffer).

http://www.usfbullsblog.com/

Check it out.  I don't think it competes with TBP...just another source, build around gathering news.  The forum here is great, and of course, the number of members make it clearly the biggest Bulls community.

7 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Turd actually passed away too.  He actually died before Stevie if I recall correctly.  It may have been a little after.  But it was weird, they went pretty close to the same time.  Turd was sick I think, Stevie died in an motor cycle accident.

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Turd actually passed away too.  He actually died before Stevie if I recall correctly.  It may have been a little after.  But it was weird, they went pretty close to the same time.  Turd was sick I think, Stevie died in an motor cycle accident.

Turd is very much alive.  And, despite the occasional feuds between them, Turd was upset when Steve O passed.  Again, we were a family, often dysfunctional, but we all care for each other.

4 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Now I know you!  Yeah, I recall those days.  I always viewed you as an ambitious, die hard fan.  If I recall, you live or lived in SoCal.  Good times.

When my wife & I met Steve, he was not was I expected.  I expected a heavy/burly biker dude, with tats everywhere.  But he was a wiry guy, with an awesome Bulls tattoo on his shoulder...which my wife promptly told me I couldn't have.  He was crass & a bit over the top, but I was impressed that as a non-USF grad, he was more loyal than most alums.  Met him before several games,and sat with him & his family a few times.  He was never dull, and I still recall driving to the solar plant I was working on (Blythe, CA) and getting the horrible call.  I was stunned, and I still miss that guy.

Coolman created a new blog, and he's on it occasionally.  It's fairly quiet now, but worth a visit during the season.

Coolman has a blog? send me the link, I'd like to join.  Yeah, those days were pretty cool in retrospect.  I'm still in SoCal though I'm currently vacationing in Sun Valley Idaho.  Headed back to Cali tomorrow.  

I also expected to see a big guy when I got there but I wasn't surprised he wan't.  He was an awesome human being.  One of the biggest Bulls fan I know.  It's funny, you just informed me he wasn't an alumni, I always thought he was.  In my eyes, he still is.  He supported the program like no other.  I miss him.

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

Turd is very much alive.  And, despite the occasional feuds between them, Turd was upset when Steve O passed.  Again, we were a family, often dysfunctional, but we all care for each other.

Someone posted he'd passed some time ago on TOS.  I  just took it for what it was worth and until now, I didn't know Turd was still around.  I hope all is well with him.  It was never anything personal on the blog, but we had some spirited conversations.  I hope we can get back to that.  I miss those times.  I like this site too... I have grown to appreciate the people here.  It's refreshing to see such diverging opinions at times and now that it appears we once again have a good team, I suspect the blogs will pick-up.  If you hear from him (Turd), tell him I said what's up.  Be nice to have him back around now that he can't have his tirades about "Bruce"... lol

7 hours ago, Calibull said:

Someone posted he'd passed some time ago on TOS.  I  just took it for what it was worth and until now, I didn't know Turd was still around.  I hope all is well with him.  It was never anything personal on the blog, but we had some spirited conversations.  I hope we can get back to that.  I miss those times.  I like this site too... I have grown to appreciate the people here.  It's refreshing to see such diverging opinions at times and now that it appears we once again have a good team, I suspect the blogs will pick-up.  If you hear from him (Turd), tell him I said what's up.  Be nice to have him back around now that he can't have his tirades about "Bruce"... lol

http://www.usfbullsblog.com/

Pretty dead now, but it'll pick up soon.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

On June 24, 2016 at 1:49 AM, Brad said:

I just learned that longtime member of our community, hbryan, recently passed away.  At just 55, he was taken by cancer.  A big Bulls fan and supporter, Mark Awmiller will be missed. 

Mark Awmiller Celebration of Life
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
11am – 2pm

Rest in Peace

So sorry to hear. Wishing the best for his family and loved ones. He will be missed.