• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Release Post-Spring Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Kean reminds me of Grothe, but with a stronger arm, kid has some grit....and no im not comparing his achievements to Grothe, just saying i see some fight in this kid

So he could possibly remind you of Q.F.'s without the accomplishments?  Who has more grit, Grothe or Flowers???

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

So he could possibly remind you of Q.F.'s without the accomplishments?  Who has more grit, Grothe or Flowers???

Or who likes grits more?  That could be important...or not.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

True..:.:dont get me wrong QF is def the man....just saying dont under estimate BK being able to step in and lead

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

46 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I think he is comparing Kean to Grothe because they both can run, but obviously neither of them have the type of running talent that QF has. Also, Grothe seemed like more of a gun slinger than Flowers, which isn't necessarily to say its better or worse, but Flowers takes a lot less risks with throwing the ball down field. He doesn't typically throw it unless his guy is wide open.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I think he is comparing Kean to Grothe because they both can run, but obviously neither of them have the type of running talent that QF has. Also, Grothe seemed like more of a gun slinger than Flowers, which isn't necessarily to say its better or worse, but Flowers takes a lot less risks with throwing the ball down field. He doesn't typically throw it unless his guy is wide open.

Typically, I agree, but as he's gained more confidence throwing, we've seen him take more crossing routes - in traffic and over the LBs heads. I think it's just knowing his limits--he's a smart ball player (sometimes overlooked), which is a big reason why his TO margin is low. He can nearly always find a short gain with his legs, and reload for the next down if things aren't working out.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

Now that is an interesting comparison.  Matt was a great QB who was a much better passer but was forced to take too many chances.   Plus D coordinators knew he was "the straw the stirred the drink".  If they could stop him they could stop our offense. 

Flowers makes awesome decisions which I do not believe is an accident.   I've seen some real smarts in his play and I think he gives D coordinators fits. 

I'm not sure what game I saw him late in the season in the open field with an easy 5 or 10 scamper for the taking.   Instead of taking the easy pick up he tossed it to Mac in the flat who scored or nearly scored from the 20.  It was a play that showed such understanding of the game.   (Also, you let your RB deliver the hit instead of him getting pounded.)  

The QB position is so much more than passing. 

Grothe was an awesome QB that reminded me of Flutie.

Both great in their own ways. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

Now that is an interesting comparison.  Matt was a great QB who was a much better passer but was forced to take too many chances.   Plus D coordinators knew he was "the straw the stirred the drink".  If they could stop him they could stop our offense. 

Flowers makes awesome decisions which I do not believe is an accident.   I've seen some real smarts in his play and I think he gives D coordinators fits. 

I'm not sure what game I saw him late in the season in the open field with an easy 5 or 10 scamper for the taking.   Instead of taking the easy pick up he tossed it to Mac in the flat who scored or nearly scored from the 20.  It was a play that showed such understanding of the game.   (Also, you let your RB deliver the hit instead of him getting pounded.)  

that was against Temple

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

15 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Or who likes grits more?  That could be important...or not.

60a24dedad20692d4da0297fe38caf43.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Isn't grit one of those cliche terms used for white dudes that play ball?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

14 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I think the biggest difference is that Flowers has Mack to take the pressure off him. On a talent level, Ford and Taylor were better backs than Mack, but the fact is that he works harder and is much more disciplined than they were. Ford always had off the field issues and Taylor seemed to have injury concerns all the time (maybe I'm wrong). Mack is arguably the best RB in USF history. Andre Hall is still very much in that conversation because he had a dominant year in a BCS conference, but by the time next season is over Mack will have completely eclipsed him.