• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Release Post-Spring Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Although there may be a few areas we need depth, this team is loaded at the key positions. I can't wait until the season starts! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I really am shocked by this. Although, I knew he really wasn't going to take the starting job away from Flowers ( if that's a prediction so be it) I'm really surprised Kean beat him out.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

21 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

I really am shocked by this. Although, I knew he really wasn't going to take the starting job away from Flowers ( if that's a prediction so be it) I'm really surprised Kean beat him out.

Woulard couldn't crack the two deep at UCLA despite every opportunity to do so, and it was reported that Kean was leading for #2 all through training camp (except day 1), so it shouldn't come as a huge shock to anyone. It's a real bummer, given how high his ceiling is (was?)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

44 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Woulard couldn't crack the two deep at UCLA despite every opportunity to do so, and it was reported that Kean was leading for #2 all through training camp (except day 1), so it shouldn't come as a huge shock to anyone. It's a real bummer, given how high his ceiling is (was?)

Every opportunity? You mean, the one Spring and Summer he was on campus for?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Hmmm, No Jimmy Bayes.... He was my favorite recruit coming out in 2014... Hope he is okay.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Every opportunity? You mean, the one Spring and Summer he was on campus for?

"Every opportunity" is just a colloquialism.  He was given an opportunity there.  If that opportunity was limited it was by his decision to leave (and his ability I suppose).

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

Also, he was there for 2 years. Groomed for the position but couldn't seize the opportunity, even with solid QB coaching. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Anyone else kind of surprised that Awoleke and Senat are behind Hector and Bronson? Either way, the DT depth is very nice, but the DE spot looks rough. If Tramal Ivy can come in and shine immediately though, we will have a very strong D line

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 hours ago, WWMJD said:

At this point, can we say that perhaps the ceiling may not have really been that high? 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Anyone else kind of surprised that Awoleke and Senat are behind Hector and Bronson? Either way, the DT depth is very nice, but the DE spot looks rough. If Tramal Ivy can come in and shine immediately though, we will have a very strong D line

Not entirely. The DL rotates a lot so everyone on the two deep will have significant playing time over the course of a game. Could be Bronson and Hector had impressive springs. Hector for sure was all over the place during the spring game. Of course Awoleke and Senat will get significant playing time. Shows how deep the position group is.