• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Release Post-Spring Depth Chart

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS 

GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: April 22, 2016

Follow @USFFootball On Twitter

Like USF Football on Facebook

Bulls Release Post-Spring Depth Chart

Two-deep contains 18 Bay Area natives, 23 underclassmen

Four 2015 all-conference players return

TAMPA, APRIL 22, 2016 – Following the conclusion of spring practice and a highly successful spring game on campus, USF Head Coach Willie Taggart has released the Bulls’ post-spring depth chart.

USF will welcome 15 more members of an 18-member 2016 recruiting class ranked among the best in The American this summer and expects much competition when fall camp opens in August, but the post-spring depth chart gives a glimpse of what the Bulls will have on the field to open the 2016 season.

The post-spring depth chart contains 18 student-athletes from the Bay Area in the two-deep and 23 underclassmen as Taggart continues to build the USF program with plenty of local talent. Nine seniors and 12 juniors give the Bulls 21 upperclassmen in the two-deep, led by four 2015 all-conference selections.

First-team all-conference cornerback Deatrick Nichols(Miami) and second-team linebacker Auggie Sanchez(St. Petersburg), both juniors in 2016, lead a defense that returns seven starters. The Bulls return players that accounted for 12 of the team’s 17 interceptions and seven of their top nine tacklers from 2015.

Two-time first-team all-conference running backMarlon Mack (Sarasota), a junior, and second-team all-conference returner/receiver Rodney Adams (St. Petersburg), a senior, set USF individual records for rushing (1,381 yards) and receiving (822 yards), respectively, in 2015. They lead an offense that also returns seven starters and record-setting quarterback Quinton Flowers (Miami). Flowers, a junior who set USF records for touchdown passes (22) and quarterback rushing yards (991), leads an offense that returns 93 percent of its yards from a record-breaking unit that posted 5,741 yards and 54 touchdowns last season.

Fans can purchase season tickets at USFBullsTix.comor by calling 1-800-GoBulls. The Bulls will play seven home games in 2016, starting with the season-opener on Sept. 3 vs. Towson. USF will also welcome 2015 bowl participants Northern Illinois (Sept. 10), Florida State (Sept. 24), UConn (Oct. 15) and Navy (Oct. 28) and visits from ECU (Oct. 8) and UCF (Nov. 26).

Coming off the program’s first bowl appearance in five years, USF returns school season record holders at quarterback, running back and wide receiver and four all-conference selections. The Bulls return 98 percent of rushing, 93 percent of passing and 86 percent of receiving yardage from a record smashing offense that posted school-records of 5,741 yards and 54 offensive touchdowns in 2015. 

While the Bulls averaged 33.6 points and 441 yards of offense per game, the defense ranked in the Top 25 in the nation in interceptions (14th), turnovers gained (24th), and tackles for loss (13th), and in the top 35 of seven statistical categories. The Bulls return seven of their top nine tacklers and players that accounted for 12 of their 17 interceptions and 16 of 25 turnovers gained.

Follow @USFFootball on twitter for all the latest information concerning the USF Football program.

-  #GoBulls –

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think I ever remember this much quality Depth at each position

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Over/under on posts before the first, "I predicted this..." shows up?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I predicted that this will be a long boring summer once baseball is over.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,108
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

It was I who predicted the demise, I mean depth, of USF football in 2016.  

I knew I read somewhere that you were a troll.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Only 9 Srs. in the 2 deep? Seven of them starting. 

GO BULLS!