• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls Release Post-Spring Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

19 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Isn't grit one of those cliche terms used for white dudes that play ball?

Indeed it is.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your-white-guy-code-word-power-rankings.html

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

33 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I think the biggest difference is that Flowers has Mack to take the pressure off him. On a talent level, Ford and Taylor were better backs than Mack, but the fact is that he works harder and is much more disciplined than they were. Ford always had off the field issues and Taylor seemed to have injury concerns all the time (maybe I'm wrong). Mack is arguably the best RB in USF history. Andre Hall is still very much in that conversation because he had a dominant year in a BCS conference, but by the time next season is over Mack will have completely eclipsed him. 

Ford showed flashes but very little consistency.  

I will fight tooth and nail for Andre even if he is eclipsed.  Who was our QB when we had Hall?  Banks?  Julmiste?   

He was all alone back there and seem to be good for 4 yards a carry even though they knew he was coming.  

I think he even had a cup of coffee in the NFL.

Imagine what he could have accomplished with the offensive line we have today and Flowers (against the AAC).    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

I think this the best QB  RB combo we have had besides Blackwell and Mcmillian

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

I'm just really glad my "kill off-season time" comment added to the conversation. I'm a proud "Bulls Penner." 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Mack is better than Taylor and Ford. Maybe Ford had a different skill set that could have been great, but, Mack has in my opinion elite vision and break-away speed. From his first game, even though it was a cupcake, you saw a true freshman waiting for a hole to develop, then hit it hard. You won't find that with many young RBs who are used to just running through HS defenses. I love Andre Hall (he actually started a few games for the broncos and I think had a few 100-yard games in his time there) and Mack reminds me of him a bit. Maybe a little more speed. I don't think Ford or Taylor are in the conversation really. Maybe they had the tools, but, neither ever played at the level that was expected.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/26/2016 at 10:41 AM, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I think the biggest difference is that Flowers has Mack to take the pressure off him. On a talent level, Ford and Taylor were better backs than Mack, but the fact is that he works harder and is much more disciplined than they were. Ford always had off the field issues and Taylor seemed to have injury concerns all the time (maybe I'm wrong). Mack is arguably the best RB in USF history. Andre Hall is still very much in that conversation because he had a dominant year in a BCS conference, but by the time next season is over Mack will have completely eclipsed him. 

Potential is worthless if it never comes to fruition. Mack is the best back we have ever had, he has talent and work ethic and the intangibles. He will be playing on Sundays. I dont think we realize how well he does DESPITE our offense. Had he been at an Alabama or Ohio State, Wisconsin, he would be considered one of the best in the country

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086

1 hour ago, BULLZ said:

Potential is worthless if it never comes to fruition. Mack is the best back we have ever had, he has talent and work ethic and the intangibles. He will be playing on Sundays. I dont think we realize how well he does DESPITE our offense. Had he been at an Alabama or Ohio State, Wisconsin, he would be considered one of the best in the country

I am not sure what is meant by "DESPITE" our offense.  He is playing with the most prolific QB in USF history behind one of the best offensive lines we have had.  Also, everywhere he has gone CWT feeds the RB and does a great job of making them the centerpiece of the offense.

I don't agree that he is the best yet (I have already stated my opinion on that the reasons how I came to it) but it is a good argument to have.  I have just seen Hall do more with less and if I had to pick one I would still go with Andre.

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, BULLZ said:

You're simply preaching to the choir here as far as potential. I already said that his work ethic and dedication makes him a better RB than Ford and Taylor. 

Yes, he will be playing on Sundays. But it's not DESPITE our offense-he has another 1000 yard runner to take the load off him in Flowers, and we have a legitimately threatening passing game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

17 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I am not sure what is meant by "DESPITE" our offense.  He is playing with the most prolific QB in USF history behind one of the best offensive lines we have had.  Also, everywhere he has gone CWT feeds the RB and does a great job of making them the centerpiece of the offense.

I don't agree that he is the best yet (I have already stated my opinion on that the reasons how I came to it) but it is a good argument to have.  I have just seen Hall do more with less and if I had to pick one I would still go with Andre.

Our offense in Mack's freshman year, and the first half of last year, was abysmal. I understand the hype train is running full speed, but let's not act like our offense has been world class.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

Our offense in Mack's freshman year, and the first half of last year, was abysmal. I understand the hype train is running full speed, but let's not act like our offense has been world class.

Stop living in the past bro!!! Second half of the season we were very good and got the whole country taking a look. Spring game shows we're still moving in the same direction. I say we're world class until we're not, not the reverse. I save the word abysmal for the Matt Floyd/Mike White offenses.