• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Sharkskins...

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm aware of the fact that we lost and that they were better able to shut down our strengths than we were theirs (which is how every game is won or lost). But I wouldn't classify a statistically average day for Navy and a 29-17 loss as a steam-rolling.

If we had beaten them 34-29 and put up 440 yards of offense, would you be saying we destroyed them?

I would say that our offense destroyed their defense, but the team as a whole wouldn't have destroyed them.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

I would say that our offense destroyed their defense, but the team as a whole wouldn't have destroyed them.

We had 270 yards of total offense and averages 2.6 YPC on the ground. I would not say what you said.

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm aware of the fact that we lost and that they were better able to shut down our strengths than we were theirs (which is how every game is won or lost). But I wouldn't classify a statistically average day for Navy and a 29-17 loss as a steam-rolling.

If we had beaten them 34-29 and put up 440 yards of offense, would you be saying we destroyed them?

No. The only aspect of the game in which we were not thoroughly beaten was on special teams, more specifically, kick returns. I chose to go with steam rolling for the double entendre, if you will, depicting both the literal (giving up 450 yards on the ground) and figurative (being beaten and beaten well). You of all people should have appreciated the obvious cleverness of my posts.

Edited by George Jenkins

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

We had 270 yards of total offense and averages 2.6 YPC on the ground. I would not say what you said.

I was going off of what JTrue said, not what actually happened. If we won by 5 points and had 440 yards of offense I would say that our offense was dominant, but as a team we weren't.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

8 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I chose to go with steam rolling for the double entendre, if you will ...

That would have been a world-class double entendre if we were Purdue playing Navy ... 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

You of all people should have appreciated the obvious cleverness of my posts.

I'm at work. My ability to recognize and produce anything clever is reduced by 75%.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

We m missed three makeable fgs and they kept our defense on the field winning TOP iirc.  I dont consider it a roll when we were close to victory.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Sharkskins...

Nice. CWT and Co. are all over these types of motivational techniques. Lets hope it produces results! Go Bulls!

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I'm at work. My ability to recognize and produce anything clever is reduced by 75%.

Truth for us all...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

No. The only aspect of the game in which we were not thoroughly beaten was on special teams, more specifically, kick returns.

We weren't thoroughly beaten in the only aspect of the game that really matters and is the most important one ..... the scoreboard. Had the lead going into the 4th quarter, lost by only 12 points, so not sure how anybody can classify that game as us being steam rolled (unless the score doesn't matter). To see an example of a team being steam rolled, revisit the 2015 USF-Cincy game.

And as the board Wordsmith, your double entendre defense was just woeful ...