• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sporting News reporting B12 looking at USF for expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

While I don't have a problem with it it is different. Vero is in our state and our conference footprint. Michigan is leaving their state by a long way and going into a recruiting area the rest of their conference doesn't have a footprint in. But there are far worse things in recruiting like coaches lying about other programs, lying to recruits and over-signing, all of which the SEC appears to not have a problem with.

there is a huge difference

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I think BD was just having a little fun...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Again......we just started reeling ourselves back in from the hammering we took during the HoltzNewEra and the BE break-up. I do not want to sit through another 3 years of beat downs because we cant even get bowl eligible. We can't even break even in the AAC and we want to go play with the big boys? Maybe we get an upgrade in talent or maybe we end up like Baylor, Kansas or Iowa St that are averaging 2.2 conference wins per team over 20 years. Uh, no thanks.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Again......we just started reeling ourselves back in from the hammering we took during the HoltzNewEra and the BE break-up. I do not want to sit through another 3 years of beat downs because we cant even get bowl eligible. We can't even break even in the AAC and we want to go play with the big boys? Maybe we get an upgrade in talent or maybe we end up like Baylor, Kansas or Iowa St that are averaging 2.2 conference wins per team over 20 years. Uh, no thanks.

I see your point but we are talking a lot more money. Not only for athletics but for the university as a whole. This simply cannot be turned down. But yeah, I don't want to be the next Iowa State.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

If we get invited we can't turn it down. we would struggle for the first few years but I think we could be a force to reckon with once we figure out how to win in the conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

The difference between USF and Iowa State is that the quality of high school football players in our backyard is far, far greater than Iowa. The recruits we get now, imagine if we had the backing of the B12. We would have much better homegrown talent than Iowa could dream of.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

We are in Florida, not Iowa. Our state loves football too much, and we produced way too much talent to become that. It would only elevate us (and UCF if they come with us) as well at the B12 as a whole because we would win more head to head battles with ACC and SEC for Florida blue chip recruits. Might be a tough 1st or 2nd year during the transition but the way CWT has been recruiting I think we could take our lumps just fine and hand out a few of our own. This would be perfect to happen for the 2017 or 2018 seasons as our team is on the upswing.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

The difference between USF and Iowa State is that the quality of high school football players in our backyard is far, far greater than Iowa. The recruits we get now, imagine if we had the backing of the B12. We would have much better homegrown talent than Iowa could dream of.

Another big difference between USF and ISU is that being in Iowa sucks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

The Big12 put out a conference gag order. Supposedly they won't make a decision until summer.

Nice smoke screen B12. The decision has already been made or will be made BEFORE the summer. The announcement of the new additions will likely be on June 30 giving the new schools a start date of July 1, 2017 in the B12, just in time for the 2017 football season. We have seen this all before in all of the poched egg conferences USF gets into or left behind in. B12 (TX, OU) doesn't give a crap about travel partners for WVU. They will always be on an island in B12. If WVU had the academics they would be in ACC and not on an island. UCONN football is a joke and not B12 caliber nor EVER will be. UC has won in the past with excellent coaching hires who stayed for a few years on their way to major college programs. They will never be able to compete in B12 because they will never be able to recruit players or get a good coach. Houston should be in B12 but that will NEVER happen because of politics and too many Texas teams. Memphis, will never be able to compete because of recruiting. So if B12 was smart they would add USF/ucf because of recruiting, TV markets also a bonus. The only reason Baylor can compete is because they are located in Texas, otherwise they are Iowa St. Is the B12 going to make the smart decision?, 50/50 bet at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

50 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

We haven't even played 20 years yet, but "ending up like Baylor" doesn't seem like a bad thing.  They've finished the last 5 seasons ranked inside the Top 15, been to 6 consecutive bowl games and are starting this season ranked in the top 8. 

I'd take it...

• Upvote 1