• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Referees; your thoughts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

WKU #69 gave the crowd a one finger salute- not called, WKU players taunting the students after TD's, Fair catch and run with the ball, the hit on Adams, the 2 blatant facemarks not called, fumble into the end zone and out not called, WKU defender all over the WR just to name a few.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

WKU #69 gave the crowd a one finger salute- not called, WKU players taunting the students after TD's, Fair catch and run with the ball, the hit on Adams, the 2 blatant facemarks not called, fumble into the end zone and out not called, WKU defender all over the WR just to name a few.

make a list and lets send it to the aac, ncca, and raise some hell. 

Edited by The painted man (David239)
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, emrober5 said:

I hate complaining about refs but they were awful. Lots of missed penalties and calls going against us.

As for the touchdown, we all know he fumbled it, but after seeing the angles that ESPN had, they couldn't overturn it. Really changed the momentum of the game, goal line cameras should be mandatory.

Remember it's a football game staged in a baseball only stadium.  AFAIK this was only the second such game at Marlins Ballpark. Should come as no surprise that camera angles for football aren't a priority in a ballpark.  When the Marlins moved out of the football stadium across the county, the biggest concerns were revenue share with football ownership and averting rain delays.  Football was an afterthought.  Goal line cameras, right!  At least the replays on the scoreboard were in watchable definition!  As for the game, I was pleased it came off as well as it did in the Marlins' home.  More than a few exciting moments, which is a good trend.  Unfortunate the Bulls lost however, but I think the Hilltoppers proved to be the better team yesterday.  More unfortunate is the reward for success for the team and most of its conference mates is the lowest tier bowl games, with some in baseball stadiums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

When I was playing in college and coaching afterwards, I was always told and always told my players the officials are human and they make mistakes. If you're the better team and play that way, they have no impact on the game.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, The painted man (David239) said:

make a list and lets send it to the aac, ncca, and raise some hell. 

What wrong with getting people behind stuff? if ur gonna give me a neg point how about you give a reason why? 

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

8 hours ago, RaisingFenix said:

Any idea why there weren't any cameras on the goal lines? It's not like goal line reviews are uncommon, and they're calls that are critical to get right. Even based on the views that were shown on the video board, it looked like there was enough to overturn the td. The momentum swing between a td and touchback there was huge.

Pretty sure ESPN just picked up most of the equipment used for that fiasco of a production from Wal Mart the night before...

That being said it wasn't clear if he fumbled before the end zone or not. Had that silly fumble resulted in USF turnover that really would have been the far bigger break. That loss is entirely on all parts of USF (offense, defense, and special teams). Officiating had nothing to do with it!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

One day their will be no officials, just microchips and robotic analysis. Then I will be happy....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

5 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We've seen the pics and the bottom line is that they're not conclusive enough to overturn the call ....and as somebody stated, if it had been ruled a fumble it wouldn't have been overturned either.