• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Referees; your thoughts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

I thought they were fair. Some of those calls were not indisputable and thats the way the game went.  They missed a pass interference call and holds.  Our defense and special teams cost us the game. Period!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

SUCKED!!!!

As for the taunting and celebrating, they didn't call us after the Lee interception. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, emrober5 said:

I hate complaining about refs but they were awful. Lots of missed penalties and calls going against us.

As for the touchdown, we all know he fumbled it, but after seeing the angles that ESPN had, they couldn't overturn it. Really changed the momentum of the game, goal line cameras should be mandatory.

This can't be understated. Every game game that is played that will allow video replays to affect the overturning of calls should be on the same playing field as far as evidence is concerned.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

those refs=:facepalm:

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

How about when Adams gets level with the ball 15 yards away from him? Cost him the remainder of the game, which really hurt us.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This can't be understated. Every game game that is played that will allow video replays to affect the overturning of calls should be on the same playing field as far as evidence is concerned.

Yeah I never understood why goal line cameras aren't required.  All they need are 4 cameras covering each half of both goal lines.  Seems like a no brainer.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

Strictly in my opinion with all the problems with the scoreboard and whatever was going on with the PA (I couldn't hear or understand what was being said) and the way we were shoehorned into that stadium it seemed like it was very amateurish.  

I can't see myself going to another game in a baseball stadium.  Maybe the trop because it is so close but not out of town like that.  

The sound on the tv from field level was awful. The production was terrible. All the way around it was bad. Bad venue with bad turf. Terrible ESPN production with sound/cameras, terrible officials and terrible defense. I said I got the impression they picked up a bunch of guys in front of Home Depot an hour before the game to set the production up and they put up as little as possible and were eager to get it torn down and head home.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

The refs appeared to suck, but that touchdown stood due to no camera angle at the goal line. I am not sure who's fault that is.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

If my memory is working right, the coach after each game has to fill out a ref. eval. form. I would love to be a fly on the wall when this happens. My thoughts on the refs, maybe they are trying out for a job at LSU. That cheap shot on our player that wasn't near the ball.....enough said about that. The touchdown that wasn't......the sideline catch with one foot on the line  while dragging his other fair foot. I know calls are missed for both sides during a regular game. However, the split should be 50/50. They were so bad they were being talked about on the TV and radio. My guess the coach will take a while filling out this form. Almost forgot the play where they didn't blow it dead and two players got hurt because they let the play continue. Errrrrr @%$#^#@@^^*^#*#

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I said I got the impression they picked up a bunch of guys in front of Home Depot an hour before the game to set the production up and they put up as little as possible and were eager to get it torn down and head home.

One might have thought the refs were picked up at Home Depot on the way in, also.

• Upvote 1