• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Referees; your thoughts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I can't remember any game where there wasn't a complaint or complaints regarding the refereeing at some point.  The fact is that we lost.  We had our opportunities.  I am still very proud about the way our guys played.  

You need to remember that WKU has a pretty senior laden team and their QB is a sixth year player.  Many of their players were originally recruited by CWT.  Next year will be a different story, they will be a different team.  

On the other hand, next year we will have more juniors and seniors on the team. Our current crop of seniors for the most part were not recruited by CWT.  

Looking forward to 2016.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Hadn't heard that angle before but do you have the actual video that definitely shows his toe touching out there. That pic isn't clear enough ...

Looks pretty clear to me.

That said, WKU would have had the ball with a first down on the one half yard line.  Pretty easy to score from there, so I don't see the reason for the outrage.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, DataBull said:

That said, WKU would have had the ball with a first down on the one half yard line.  Pretty easy to score from there, so I don't see the reason for the outrage.

Yeah, that's true. Forgot about that aspect .... the fumble would have been a lot better for us but haven't seen anything to overturn the td.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, that's true. Forgot about that aspect .... the fumble would have been a lot better for us but haven't seen anything to overturn the td.

it's just an example of one of the bad calls or non calls

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It's funny how we never complain about the referees when we win a game.

link? :D 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Don't let the opponent get to the goal line and you won't have to worry about these calls. Bad tackling and terrible secondary play led to those scores not the refs. WKU likely would have scored on the next goal line play anyway. 

If we played better we would have won.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

True, the fumble could have been significant.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, DataBull said:

Ya. They would score easily. Furby would take the ball and be through the endzone with 4 USF players on him the very next play.

The fumble through the endzone, now that is a difference maker.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

10 hours ago, DataBull said:

The refereeing was fine.  We were lucky to be within shouting distance of WKU, they pretty much had their way with us in the second half.

The refs sucked, badly.  I don't think anyone says that cost us the game.  WKU was better that day, but IF that first TD is called a touch back, it's a different game.  Doesn't mean we win, but likely means we're up big in the first half.  On the 2nd out of bounds, that didn't bug me, as they likely score soon after.

Didn't see Adams get decked, as I was watching the pass.  WKU players (some, not all) seemed thuggish, as if trying to FU to Taggart.  And maybe that's a normal reaction for players who feel jilted.  

We'll see how WKU does next years, sans a 24 year old, 6th year senior.  Their WRs are jr/sr, so unless they have excellent depth, that fades, too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 hours ago, NAM37 said:

Make a couple of 3rd downs and it doesn't matter...

Yup.  They scored 4 TDs in the 3rd.  No way we should give WKU 4 possession, and if we convert even 30%, those are points.

• Upvote 1