• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to push to play UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

From a point of view that hopes the AAC gets strong and becomes the 6th power conference, then yes, that would be fantastic. 

I don't subscribe to that point of view, though.  I think we need to get the hell out of the AAC first chance we get.  

I agree, but getting out of the AAC is not going to happen over night. Which is why we need our conference to play and the beat the best teams available. Next season is going to be a huge factor on how the P5 schools look at not just USF but the AAC in general. USF looks a lot better if they beat FSU and a Houston team that could potentially beat the defending CFP champs in the AAC title game. 

I understand that there are a lot of "ifs" to make this happen, but it's also not impossible. Until USF gets a call from the P5, then we have to hope that the AAC continues to have teams in the Top 25 and beat P5 schools.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I think you may have read my post wrong.  OU winning the national title is BEST case scenario for the B12.  Worst case for US, and everyone else trying to move up into the big leagues.  

I think NE is saying that expansion this winter is not good for USF and that we'd be better off if it waited a couple years. This would allow time for USF to have a couple fantastic seasons and bring more fans back to the program thus making USF more attractive to the Big 12. Also building on success a couple for a couple of seasons in the AAC could be beneficial toward initial success if we were to get picked up by a P5.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree, but getting out of the AAC is not going to happen over night. Which is why we need our conference to play and the beat the best teams available. Next season is going to be a huge factor on how the P5 schools look at not just USF but the AAC in general. USF looks a lot better if they beat FSU and a Houston team that could potentially beat the defending CFP champs in the AAC title game. 

I think Houston just beating a team that was in the previous year's playoffs is pretty huge - if it happened.  

We really could have used the Big 12 getting shut out of the playoffs again.  

• Upvote 1

I think NE is saying that expansion this winter is not good for USF and that we'd be better off if it waited a couple years. This would allow time for USF to have a couple fantastic seasons and bring more fans back to the program thus making USF more attractive to the Big 12. Also building on success a couple for a couple of seasons in the AAC could be beneficial toward initial success if we were to get picked up by a P5.

Maybe that was his point, but it's a moot point if Oklahoma wins the national title, which was what my post that he replied to was based on. 

If OU wins the title, kiss any form of expansion by the B12 goodbye for YEARS.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Maybe that was his point, but it's a moot point if Oklahoma wins the national title, which was what my post that he replied to was based on. 

If OU wins the title, kiss any form of expansion by the B12 goodbye for YEARS.  

I don't think them winning the title does really much further damage than the B12 not being shut out again ..

I don't think them winning the title does really much further damage than the B12 not being shut out again ..

It's not going to do "damage," it's going to reinforce that they don't need to do anything at all ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Back to the topic, I do think we need to push UF to play us or pay the buy out for the game and move on.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

It's not going to do "damage," it's going to reinforce that they don't need to do anything at all ...

Um, reinforcing that they don't need to do anything at all IS doing "damage" to our cause .... and the most damage was done when they weren't shut out again.

And back to the topic, I would assume the USF athletic department is doing whatever they can to resolve this thing with UF but I doubt we have much control over it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2017 seems pretty open for them. Also, they're going to play North Texas next season. No reason they can fit us in.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/florida-gators.php

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think you may have read my post wrong.  OU winning the national title is BEST case scenario for the B12.  Worst case for US, and everyone else trying to move up into the big leagues.  

But my point is OU winning the championship now is BEST for USF in the future. There is little chance we move up now (Cincy and Memphis are ahead in my opinion). I think we need more time for success (of course I am aware of TV markets) to be more attractive.

Edited by NewEnglandBull