• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to push to play UF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I too have been wondering when we would be able to hammer out that final date with UF. They postponed us several times and then indefinitely, likely related in some part to the changing rules and number of open slots against non-conference opponents. They already have FSU to play out of conference every year and the P5 schools are being given less inventive to play non-P5 programs every year. I assumed they bought us out; didn't realize the possibility to play them is still blowing in the wind. Its a delicate matter though; I am sure that insisting on scheduling a date before they are ready to would not be taken appreciatively.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Have we lobbied any conferences to have have our games counted as p5? If we could be granted that designation it would help us schedule better opponents.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

Have we lobbied any conferences to have have our games counted as p5? If we could be granted that designation it would help us schedule better opponents.

The only reason the B1G granted UConn and Cincy is because if they didn't Indiana would be in violation of not having at least one OOC game against a P5 school.  These games are already on the schedule.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

The only reason the B1G granted UConn and Cincy is because if they didn't Indiana would be in violation of not having at least one OOC game against a P5 school.  These games are already on the schedule.

do you think these exemptions will be revocable?

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

It would have been nice if they just included the entire AAC in that. I know, no chance in hell....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455

I too have been wondering when we would be able to hammer out that final date with UF. They postponed us several times and then indefinitely, likely related in some part to the changing rules and number of open slots against non-conference opponents. They already have FSU to play out of conference every year and the P5 schools are being given less inventive to play non-P5 programs every year. I assumed they bought us out; didn't realize the possibility to play them is still blowing in the wind. Its a delicate matter though; I am sure that insisting on scheduling a date before they are ready to would not be taken appreciatively.

Has any team ever challenged one of "postponements" legally? 

do you think these exemptions will be revocable?

I don't think it will matter as moving forward B1G teams are aware to the scheduling requirements.  This was an exception so Indiana wouldn't have to panic and try to find 4 replacement P5 teams and pay potential cancelation fees.  Other B1G teams have UConn or Cincy on their schedules but also already have an official P5 OOC school the same year so the exception isn't needed for them.  Again, only done for Indiana.  

All conferences recognize ND, BYU, and the military academies as P5 equivalents.  Army hasn't had a winning season in almost 20 years so obviously wins and losses don't effect their standing. 

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Pushing to play UF is like when I pushed to date Nicole Kidman. I ended up with a restraining order.

You should have set your sights higher, like Demi Moore.

You should have set your sights higher, like Demi Moore.

aren't they both like 60?

• Upvote 2