• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to push to play UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

No offense to your dad but **** him ...... with all due respect .... if he was rooting for FSU over USF in the head to head. I was in basically the same position as him with one difference, not an alum, and wouldn't think of rooting against USF in those matchups. If he did at least pull for USF in those games, please disregard the early part of this post.

Don't know how there will be no offense there...

My dad was essentially in the same position...'65 alum and rooting for FSU when USF started football.  We now watch every game together and have great bonding moments pulling for our shared alma mater.  Especially against FSU!  ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Was born into an all UF family, first to not go there, but ever since I decided to go to USF over UF I bleed green and gold.

Same here. Grew up a huge UF fan in the heart of Gator country. Went to USF. First day on campus I threw away all of my Gator gear. It was pretty easy as I started in the Grothe era lol. 

My family still has Gator tix and are bull gators. They invite me to go to games all of the time. The only time I accepted was when they played USF.

It always killed me to see other students wear UF/FSU but the worst is when my undergrad friends would go to a gator game instead of going to a Bulls game...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Was born into an all UF family, first to not go there, but ever since I decided to go to USF over UF I bleed green and gold.

Same here.  Just change the UF part to FSU and that's my story too.  

• Upvote 1

No offense to your dad but **** him ...... with all due respect .... if he was rooting for FSU over USF in the head to head. I was in basically the same position as him with one difference, not an alum, and wouldn't think of rooting against USF in those matchups. If he did at least pull for USF in those games, please disregard the early part of this post.

Nope, he still roots for FSU.  I'll make sure to pass along your unctuous words, though.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I will never understand how someone could support the Athletics of University A while attending University B. And please don't give me that drivel that you were brought up on University A as a child or have family that attended there. Where is the loyalty to the university that you are investing in? Where is the loyalty to the university that helped paved your career? This is NOT the friggin NFL. An "alma mater" should mean something to people. Maybe my DNA is just different in that regards. 

• Upvote 3

I will never understand how someone could support the Athletics of University A while attending University B. And please don't give me that drivel that you were brought up on University A as a child or have family that attended there. Where is the loyalty to the university that you are investing in? Where is the loyalty to the university that helped paved your career? This is NOT the friggin NFL. An "alma mater" should mean something to people. Maybe my DNA is just different in that regards. 

Your DNA is different than my dad's for sure.  I did forget to mention that he started attending FSU at first and for financial reasons, he had to finish at USF by commuting there from Winter Haven every day.  

Your DNA is different than my dad's for sure.  I did forget to mention that he started attending FSU at first and for financial reasons, he had to finish at USF by commuting there from Winter Haven every day.  

I get your father, and having attended the Univetsity of Nebraska (track scholarship) before I attended USF I too "watch" what they up to. I also grew up as a huge Georgia Bulldog fan and still watch many of their games. But again, when the rubber hits the road I would hope USF would pound the hell out of both of those teams if they should ever play. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I know a kid who is a USF student, but he bleeds blue and gold for Notre Dame. He is a student and has to ask me who we are playing on Saturday, but he knows who Notre Dame is playing, etc.  So I asked the kid why he was such a Notre Dame fan and why he was not a fan of his own school's program.  He told me something about his family, blah blah blah.  So I told him, when you graduate, your diploma is not going to read University of Notre Dame, its going to read University of South Florida, so get with the freakin' program and start supporting your own school. I will continue to give him crap until he figures it out.

• Upvote 4

I know a kid who is a USF student, but he bleeds blue and gold for Notre Dame. He is a student and has to ask me who we are playing on Saturday, but he knows who Notre Dame is playing, etc.  So I asked the kid why he was such a Notre Dame fan and why he was not a fan of his own school's program.  He told me something about his family, blah blah blah.  So I told him, when you graduate, your diploma is not going to read University of Notre Dame, its going to read University of South Florida, so get with the freakin' program and start supporting your own school. I will continue to give him crap until he figures it out.

You sir are a true representative of USF