• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Biggest thing USF has going for it is a big television market in tampa bay area.

And we are around 13 or 14...Orlando area around 19th...Cincy, Hartford and Memphis are all over 30.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,040
  • Days Won:  38

Forced. Texas....does not get forced. Get real.

Then won't Oklahoma bolt?  

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Would they just take one of UCF or USF or both?  UCF picked the wrong year to have a terrible, terrible season.  A strong season for USF next year with the potential of keeping Taggart long term if we're Big XII makes us alluring.  

I just don't see a scenario where one goes without the other,  we may not want it but we got to be a package deal one way or another 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,358
  • Days Won:  43

Wins mean next to nothing. Ask Maryland and Rutgers. Its about TV sets and viewers. Yes, agreed that Houston has little to offer a Big 12 flooded state of Texas for the networks.

I personally think that Big 12 would be smart to add both UCF & USF for both tv market and recruiting. They could get more access into Florida. SEC added Texas A&M to get access in Texas so I think they should do the same with Florida. Also will help WVU to have more eastern teams with them. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Then won't Oklahoma bolt?  

Unlikely. Oklahoma has a cushy position in the B12 as it is. OU is the prince of the conference. They are the Lannisters to Texas' Baratheon. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I personally think that Big 12 would be smart to add both UCF & USF for both tv market and recruiting. They could get more access into Florida. SEC added Texas A&M to get access in Texas so I think they should do the same with Florida. Also will help WVU to have more eastern teams with them. 

While I have never heard the reason why, some think that there is no way this would happen, one or the other they say but not both.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Biggest thing USF has going for it is a big television market in tampa bay area.

And we are around 13 or 14...Orlando area around 19th...Cincy, Hartford and Memphis are all over 30.

but if it's about tv Florida is full of Midwestern folks, so we should just go to the B1G. I run into more transplants from Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin; than Texas, Oklahoma, and those other Big 12 states. Our home games would be packed every time. :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

but if it's about tv Florida is full of Midwestern folks, so we should just go to the B1G. I run into more transplants from Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin; than Texas, Oklahoma, and those other Big 12 states. Our home games would be packed every time. :stirpot:

This is true. If only it made sense geographically and we were AAU members.