• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

The Skip Holtz thing was in another stratosphere of stupidity. Comparing Doug and Harlan is like comparing RC car drivers with NASCAR drivers. Skip had done nothing at USF and was getting worse not just year over year but game over game.

I still have concerns with Taggart. Firing your entire staff to me illustrates very poor hiring decisions. Maybe he got it right this time but what happens when those coordinators move on? His first two seasons were miserable - his mindset on offense was not a fit for his talent and it shouldn't have taken 2 years to recognize that. I am optimistic that he has grown as a coach and we are potentially getting tier-1 service at tier-2 prices. I'd much rather have seen another year before making the decision but I trust Harlan to do the right thing. I am sure there are things at play that aren't known to most of us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

The Skip Holtz thing was in another stratosphere of stupidity. Comparing Doug and Harlan is like comparing RC car drivers with NASCAR drivers. Skip had done nothing at USF and was getting worse not just year over year but game over game.

I still have concerns with Taggart. Firing your entire staff to me illustrates very poor hiring decisions. Maybe he got it right this time but what happens when those coordinators move on? His first two seasons were miserable - his mindset on offense was not a fit for his talent and it shouldn't have taken 2 years to recognize that. I am optimistic that he has grown as a coach and we are potentially getting tier-1 service at tier-2 prices. I'd much rather have seen another year before making the decision but I trust Harlan to do the right thing. I am sure there are things at play that aren't known to most of us.

FWIW, Clemson HC Dabo Swinney ended up firing most of his staff after USF beat them in the bowl game. Now look at his program. It happens. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

My faith in everything USF is slowly being restored.  

You and me both...

I was surprised but pleased overall with the extension.  Now if we can keep our ASSISTANTS!!! PAY THEM!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

He said that he should have gone with his gut instead of listening to others tell him who to hire.

No, I don't have a link.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

Can you name another coach given a big raise and an extension coming off a losing season, not only a losing season but having lost 7 of his last 8 games that season? That extension was absolutely horrendous. The way it's gone down with Taggart is the way the business works.

Agree. Woolard was a buffoon. You cannot say that the Holtz extension was a rational business decision.

Coach Rich Rodriguez just turned down offer to become South Carolina coach to stay at Arizona!! Wow!!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Coach Rich Rodriguez just turned down offer to become South Carolina coach to stay at Arizona!! Wow!!

I love how this is playing out for the USF/recruiting standpoint. CWT was for all intents and purposes the headline interview; Rich Rod and Schiano were mentioned to interview in his articles. Today CWT and Harlan announce the extension; making it appear to the general public that CWT was the first offered. This was "proven right" with RichRod turning down the job tonight. Now when Muschamp is hired like most think will happen; CWT and RichRod get to tell recruits "I had USCe but I wanted to stay here"

What an interesting 24 hours; both CWT and RichRod should send USCe AD thank you gifts.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425

Yes, this could have been really ugly for the recruiting process and current players. Now everything looks golden and USF has a long term plan. We are in a great position to succeed for many years if we support this team, and it starts with the Bowl Game this month. Go BULLS!!!

• Upvote 1

I love how this is playing out for the USF/recruiting standpoint. CWT was for all intents and purposes the headline interview; Rich Rod and Schiano were mentioned to interview in his articles. Today CWT and Harlan announce the extension; making it appear to the general public that CWT was the first offered. This was "proven right" with RichRod turning down the job tonight. Now when Muschamp is hired like most think will happen; CWT and RichRod get to tell recruits "I had USCe but I wanted to stay here"

What an interesting 24 hours; both CWT and RichRod should send USCe AD thank you gifts.

Agreed!!!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Now that the extension is in place...

Are we ever going to hear about this whole Gonzmart/Ybor/Columbia issue that some poster(s) here claimed to have "insider knowledge" that would cause Taggart to be fired? 

No ...I'm not trying to be an ******* or to stir the pot, but if people here claimed to know some stuff, and post cryptic messages, especially if they specifically stated for others to look deeper into the situation (because apparently "the Ybor thing was way bigger than people know") ... then they should own up to it. 

Edited by Dogma
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1