• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

What I love most about this extension is that it should almost guarantee an increase in the assistant salary pool, which means we'll be able to hang on to your coaching staff for a little bit longer.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

I for one never criticized Woolard for that extention as I know how the business works! Those that did just don't understand the business of college sports. 

Well I guess he had what 2 years left on his existing contract.   So, it is an extra three year bump.   Smart move, I think his upside is huge.   Now he has to prove it again next season.  If CWT is smart, he could have a long career at USF and help us get into another conference.   Winning will help, but it will take more than that.   

????? That is not all on him!! USF fans need to show up for games and show more support if they want a slim chance at P5 conference. 

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

????? That is not all on him!! USF fans need to show up for games and show more support if they want a slim chance at P5 conference. 

Winning football games is on him, which is a major factor in getting a P5 call.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

he said it will take more than that...

he said it will take more than that...

if we can sell out RJS we have no chance 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472

CWT is a class guy so I'm ok with it.....Holtz was Holtz. I may not agree with CWT on football at all times but I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about him as a man. I'm proud to have him as our coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Great news for sure.

Give those others a big bump esp Allen and let's go win the AAC and get a top 40 class

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

I was a little disappointed to hear about the USC interview but I understand it's business... this news has me right back to being completely excited about the future of USF football again!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I am excited that USF gave Taggart an extension.  I have grown to really enjoy his vision for the team.  I have not seen this team play like this in many years.  I will be the first to admit that I lost faith in him over his first two seasons and then the slow start this season.  Then something clicked, and no one could stop this team.  Consistency in the coaching staff is what USF needs to continue on their path of becoming a powerhouse again.

I completely understand the South Carolina interview.  Everyone does in in every professional field of work.  You have to look outside your current employer to gage your market value.  If you are upset about it, then you just do not understand how the current work environment work.