• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

image.png

Awesome thanks! 

I thought as a CWT supporter I was supposed to be sad when the season was over? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

I think people would be pissed off. It would definitely feel like buyers remorse, but it feels different from the Holtz extension. Holtz won with Leavitt's guys and was an average recruiter at best. Taggart is winning with all of his guys and is recruiting well for this class so far. College football is about recruiting, finding "The QB" and then coaching IMO. Taggart has loaded the team with talent and QB's (If Chris and Xavier stick).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

You could be on to something

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

This is not directed at anyone in particular.. But the great stretch of games was for the last 8 games. Last I checked that's 3/4 of the season (majority of the season), not half like everyone seems to be saying. That is **** impressive.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

By "Massive Extension", do you mean $$$ or the 5 years?  I think the 5 years is quite long given his overall record here

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Well I guess he had what 2 years left on his existing contract.   So, it is an extra three year bump.   Smart move, I think his upside is huge.   Now he has to prove it again next season.  If CWT is smart, he could have a long career at USF and help us get into another conference.   Winning will help, but it will take more than that.   

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Correct, it'd be a 3 year extension. I don't think I'd classify that as massive. I'm interested to see the details on the raise, the raise to the assistant pool, the raise to the buyout, etc.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

I'll take it.  I don't do so lightly but Harlan has my full support in this move. 

There are myriad of things I've seen to support my enthusiasm but I'll stike with scoreboard.   We have doubled our wins every year under CWT.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I am waiting to see the details of the contract before I determine how I feel. This is a very valid point.